Do more rooms become available?

StaciaRae

Mouseketeer
Yesterday we booked our 5th Disney Cruise for January 2021 (7 night western ) but its the first one that I haven’t booked on opening day. As a family of 4, the only 4e or 5e rooms available are all GTY. Id rather book a specific room instead of GTY, if possible. How often do more rooms become available? Is it worth checking the website daily and calling DCL often to see if they have any new 4e or 5e rooms open? anyone want to share their experience with booking late (ish) and trying to get a room in a specific category when only GTY ones are available earlier?

Yesterday we booked our 5th Disney Cruise for January 2021 (7 night western ) but its the first one that I haven’t booked on opening day. As a family of 4, the only 4e or 5e rooms available are all GTY. Id rather book a specific room instead of GTY, if possible. How often do more rooms become available? Is it worth checking the website daily and calling DCL often to see if they have any new 4e or 5e rooms open? anyone want to share their experience with booking late (ish) and trying to get a room in a specific category when only GTY ones are available earlier?

When we booked several GTY rooms for extended family, my sis-in-law was convinced that we wouldn't get any rooms at all and that we'd end up in a life boat. The rooms were eventually assigned and were great.

In answer to your question, as the PIF date approaches, people do cancel because "Life keeps getting in the way when we're busy making plans."

Meanwhile, it wouldn't hurt to keep checking the website.

A category moves to GTY when most of the rooms in it are sold. DCL removes the possibility to book a specific room in the category to give them flexibility with room assignment vs lifeboat capacity. They do not hold back rooms for later bookings. If someone cancels, most likely the room will not be put back in circulation for specific booking but become part of the GTY pool for that category. Since GTY’s are not discounted, DCL has no reason to reissue a rate once they have removed it.

Of course, they might reconsider if a bunch of cancellations happen in the same muster station, but that would seem unlikely on a popular cruise that was just converted to SWDAS. As PP said, PIF date will be your best shot. I wouldn’t waste time looking every day until then.

If that's your desire, I would call. The worst they can say is that they are booked up, but you never know, there might be one available.

Thanks everyone! I called earlier today and was told there were no 5Es available. Also, when I change the Number in our party from 4 to 2, I can see several 4Es but as a party of 4 my only option is the GTY. Thankfully I still have 9 months until the PIF date So hopefully something opens up.

Thanks everyone! I called earlier today and was told there were no 5Es available. Also, when I change the Number in our party from 4 to 2, I can see several 4Es but as a party of 4 my only option is the GTY. Thankfully I still have 9 months until the PIF date So hopefully something opens up.
After reconsidering the parameters - it’s far off to be GTY -, I went on the site and looked at what I understand is your cruise. I think the available 4e and 5e staterooms all sleep 3 guests. There are very few of 4-guests rooms in those categories it seems. The rest of the categories are pretty much all available, so much so that only port rooms are showing up, so it’s not a muster station problem but simply that the exact rooms you want are sold out. Keep checking and hope for someone to cancel. As a PP said, that mostly happen around PIF but it could happen at any time.

It depends on the itinerary of the cruise. If it's a popular one and one that hasn't been offered around much then GTY will probably remain. Like others said, wait until near PIF and you might see some changes.

We booked the WBPC for this year and at the time on gty was available in most categories. In my experience if anyone cancelled their room became available as gty not a specific room. Specific rooms did not reappear until last week after they did gty assignments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!