• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do infants need tickets?

Under 3s are free so cannot make FPs. Can join parents on any ride (as long as no height restrictions). No magic band needed.

To clarify as long as the parents have a fp the infant can ride anything they are eligible to ride with the parents

A 2 year old:

No tickets. (None needed.)
No FPs. (None needed.)
No charge.

And the room reservation and MDE!

I didn't think children under 3 were counted on the room reservation. I haven't yet made my reservation for next year...will there be a place to note I have a child under 3 when making the room reservation?

I didn't think children under 3 were counted on the room reservation. I haven't yet made my reservation for next year...will there be a place to note I have a child under 3 when making the room reservation?

They need to know how many people are there.

They need to know how many people are there.

So...I still am wondering if there is a place I can note that I have a child under 3. If I put down that I have 3 in my party, without noting ages, it would bump me out of being able to get a king bed room, which we do still technically qualify for.

So...I still am wondering if there is a place I can note that I have a child under 3. If I put down that I have 3 in my party, without noting ages, it would bump me out of being able to get a king bed room, which we do still technically qualify for.

Go to the website. It asks you how many adults, how many children and how old they are. Right up at the top.

yes you need to count for room as most rooms say 4 plus one under 3 in pack n play.

I included my daughter in our room/trip reservations on both our WDW trips that we had before she turned three. She was sent a magic band even though she didn't need fast passes or tickets. She loved it and wore it the whole trip both times.

If I put down that I have 3 in my party, without noting ages, it would bump me out of being able to get a king bed room, which we do still technically qualify for.

FWIW if a king room is literally 2 only, you don't qualify for it at all. Doesn't matter where the baby sleeps. We had a family bed until DS was nearly 8 but hotels had different opinions.

The dropdown for ages gives the choice of infant or 2, for the under-3 year olds.

Now, when I put in Infant and 2 adults, I still get the choice of the king bed room at POR, for example.

But those rooms say that they sleep 3 adults, no doubt because of the dropdown bed some/all of POR's king rooms now have.

I included my daughter in our room/trip reservations on both our WDW trips that we had before she turned three. She was sent a magic band even though she didn't need fast passes or tickets. She loved it and wore it the whole trip both times.

Everyone on the room reservation gets a MB. Even if they don't need it. (then again, no one NEEDS a MB except for the mine train video and I think one other photopass thing)

Under 3 yrs old in a room still get a magic band...my granddaughter calls them her bracelets lol

FWIW if a king room is literally 2 only, you don't qualify for it at all. Doesn't matter where the baby sleeps. We had a family bed until DS was nearly 8 but hotels had different opinions.

The dropdown for ages gives the choice of infant or 2, for the under-3 year olds.

Now, when I put in Infant and 2 adults, I still get the choice of the king bed room at POR, for example.

But those rooms say that they sleep 3 adults, no doubt because of the dropdown bed some/all of POR's king rooms now have.

I guess I thought that all rooms at WDW were "X + child under 3 in a pack n play." This thread has been eye-opening, I'll need to look into my options further.

I guess I thought that all rooms at WDW were "X + child under 3 in a pack n play." This thread has been eye-opening, I'll need to look into my options further.
You are correct. One child under age 3 does not count toward room occupancy. (They still need to be listed in the reservation.)
For instance, we have two separate room reservations for next July. One is in a 5 person occupancy room at POR, the other is at the Poly. We have 6 people (2 adults, 4 kids) listed in each room. One reservation was made online, the other made via phone. Absolutely no issues with the sixth person (an infant) in either room.
(We did the same thing last year at CBR. Everyone, including our child under 3, got a magic band.)

(Note that I've never tried to book a king room.)

We booked a king room at POR for 2 plus an infant last August and it was perfect.

For what it's worth I've always run into problems every time I've booked a standard 4 person room at values/mods when I had 4 plus a child under 3. Each and ever time I didn't enter the child under 3 when booking on the website. It would not allow me to book a 4 person room since it would mistakenly think there were 5 people (when I add an infant under 3) when Disney policy clearly states children under 3 do not count towards the max person room occupancy.

Every time I did this I would call Disney afterwards, give them my reservation number, ask them to add my under 3 year old and they would do it no problem. I would try doing this in your case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter