Do I want Magic Bands for upcoming Disney World resort res?

Hadley27

Earning My Ears
Is there any point to having Magic Band+ for a family of four? I’m hesitant to add them to our reservation because of the daily charging. My 2 year old and 4 year old have standard Magic Bands already. TIA!

Standard MBs will work fine. The MB+ is cute to interact with the statues in the parks and it does light up during shows and when you get off some rides. I have one and don't find the daily charging any different then everything else I put on a charger at night. I just do it when I'm charging my phone and my battery pack. I also take some of the old MBs with me when I go and change them up. So, no it's not necessary if you already have the old MBs. A lot of people don't like them because they are bigger than the older bands and I think some people have had issues with them coming off.

The newer bands have some extra features, but don't think they are worth the extra cost and hassle of having to frequently charge. Older bands have a battery that can't be replaced/charged and will eventually stop working. However, many of the older band features didn't use the battery, so they will continue to work for that purpose.

It is my understanding the charging is for the light portion of the band, not the usability portion (charging/room access/etc). Also, I just got back from a trip and my band lasted the 2-3 days without charging and still was getting buzzed as I walked past statues on the last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter