• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I understand that you are limited to fastpasses at DL??

Okay so it works the same as it does DW. Scared me for a minute there!!

experiment626mom said:
Okay so it works the same as it does DW. Scared me for a minute there!!
Never yet been to WDW, so cannot comment about that. The DLR system does have some idiosyncrasies that you can use to your advantage. The link to DarkBeer at the top of my treatise discusses these in detail and is worth reading and understanding.

Are you sure? I had a Fast Pass situation when I went with Mom on July 30. We both got Fast Passes for Indiana Jones to return between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. We were wandering around and ended up in Tomorrowland around 1:30 p.m. There was a 120 minute wait for Space Mountain, so we went to the Fast Pass line. Out came these passes that said we already had Fast Passes for Indiana Jones, making the Space Mountain Fast Pass void! I was like, "Whaaaa?!" Does that only happen on the more popular rides?

Brina78 said:
Are you sure? I had a Fast Pass situation when I went with Mom on July 30. We both got Fast Passes for Indiana Jones to return between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. We were wandering around and ended up in Tomorrowland around 1:30 p.m. There was a 120 minute wait for Space Mountain, so we went to the Fast Pass line. Out came these passes that said we already had Fast Passes for Indiana Jones, making the Space Mountain Fast Pass void! I was like, "Whaaaa?!" Does that only happen on the more popular rides?
Yes I'm sure. When you get a FastPass, it gives you a one-hour window to return (but the end of the window is not enforced). At the bottom of the FP, it clearly tells you the next time when you can get a FP. You cannot get them whenever you want. After you get one, there are rules for when you can get the next one. The rules are used to show you that "next FastPass time" at the bottom. You went back to Space Mtn before that time.

Also, very recently, Space's FP machines were having some issues with saying you couldn't get another FP even though according to whichever FP you were holding said you could. I had a Space FP that said I could get another at 2:10 and it was about 2:20, so, as the current return time at Space was at a good time for me, I went to get another and the machine said I couldn't and that it'd be 4:20 before I could get another. I went over the the CM and showed her the the FP I did have. She said that the machines had been doing that all day and she overrided it and got me a FP.

The fastpass system is the same as WDW. However if you book a package through AAA and stay at one of the 3 on-site hotels you can get unlimited fastpasses (one for each ride). It really helped me out earlier this month. I couldn't believe it when SM had a 180 minute stand-by wait and people were still getting into line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter