Do I realistically have enough time?

djs7685

Mouseketeer
Okay so I scheduled a pretty detailed trip for my 2 person, adult only fall vacation. There is a slight (maybe) issue that I'm hoping really isn't an issue.

I bought my mother a gift certificate for her birthday for the Swan/Dolphin restaurants and we currently have Il Mulino booked for 5:00 PM on a Tuesday. We will be checking out of the Yacht Club that morning to do EMM at MK and then heading back to the resort area to hang out until dinner. Our flight is the latest I could possibly book at 10:40 PM that night.

Is there enough time for us to enjoy our meal, walk back to Yacht Club to grab our bags, and then take an Uber to MCO and not have to be in a huge rush the entire time? I'm afraid I shouldn't have booked this dinner but we can't really fit it into the schedule anywhere else due to using the DxDDP and the trip already being packed full of meals. I normally wouldn't have an issue with just cancelling dinner but I bought her the gift certificate and she's very excited to try one of the non-DDP sigs.

Should I crunch some numbers and see if there's any possible way I can change this or am I overestimating how much time we need to get to the airport and through baggage, security, etc.? We usually drive to Florida from Pennsylvania for our family trips and I rarely fly so I'm not very familiar with the entire process.

You are safe if you leave the resort at 8:10 ish. You will probably spend no more than 2 hours at dinner and another 20 minutes to walk back and grab your bags, which brings you to 7:20, so you will probably be fine.

This being said, there is no way I would do this simply because I hate flying day and would never be able to relax!

What bags will you be grabbing? If you have checked bags, you can check them in at the Yacht Club that morning and not have to see/deal with them again until you get to your home airport. That will save you a little time at MCO. Maybe grab your carry ons before you head to Il Mulino and that will save a trip back to the Yacht Club as well.

What bags will you be grabbing? If you have checked bags, you can check them in at the Yacht Club that morning and not have to see/deal with them again until you get to your home airport. That will save you a little time at MCO. Maybe grab your carry ons before you head to Il Mulino and that will save a trip back to the Yacht Club as well.

Is there anything special I need to do to get that service? That sounds amazing! I don't plan to use DME for our return flight so can I still use the luggage service? We will have 1-2 checked bags per person.

Tons of time. Here's how it would go for me. 5:00 PM dinner. Order at 5:05. Food arrives at 5:20, done eating at 5:40. Walk to Yacht 5:45. Get bags and lyft 6:00. Arrive at airport at 6:30. Bag checked 6:40. through security 7:00. At gate 7:05. Sit for 3.5 hours to board. Ok, I get it. that's a bit unrealistic.
But even if you wait 30 minutes for table and take 2 hours to eat, you're done at 7:30. Walk to Yacht and get bags at 8:00. take a while to get a lyft and drive to airport, arriving at 9:00. Bag check 30 min. Security 30 min. Still arriving at gate by 10:15. I can't find a scenario where i would miss that flight.

Is there anything special I need to do to get that service? That sounds amazing! I don't plan to use DME for our return flight so can I still use the luggage service? We will have 1-2 checked bags per person.

It's call RAC and available from, I think, 5:30am until around noon or so. Ask at the hotel as to where where it's located.

Ditch the dining plan? This is A LOT of time devoted to meals plus it's a ton of food. It's not designed to save money.

I'm assuming domestic flight? In which case I think you will be just fine. I'd want to be at the airport 2.5 hours before the flight and assuming 1/2 uber from Yacht Club, that means you want to be in that uber by 7:45 at the latest. That gives you 2hrs45mins to eat and walk to YC and grab your bags from bell services. 2 hours is a very conservative estimate for dinner and will most likely be more in the 75 - 90 minute range, even at a very relaxed pace. You'll be fine.

We took an Uber from Yacht Club last Sunday. We ordered it at 2:20, got it at 2:24, and we were at the airport right at 3:00 for our 5:00pm flight. We got through security and to our gate with 40 minutes to spare. We spent the morning shopping at DS and ate brunch at Homecoming. We were supposed to catch ME at 2:00, and missed it, so thus the Uber for us. If you will be worried, what if you moved your Il Mulino to another night and used those DxDDP credits on check out day?

If you can, definitely use resort airline check-in. Yes, you can use it even if you aren't using DME.

You'll be fine. I would try to be heading into a cab/uber/lyft by 8:10 pm (you can also pre-schedule a car service - we use Park Ave. Limo). With a 5 pm Il Mulino, you will have plenty of time to eat and walk back to YC to get your carry-ons from bell services. As another PP suggested, you could ask Swan bell services to hold your carry-ons, but I don't think it's necessary.

I agree with everyone, you will be fine. 2 people at il mullion is probably one hour. You’ll have plenty of time! Enjoy!

Yep, this is the rare “do I have enough time?” where someone actually will. Have a great time!

You should be fine. As long as you are flying domestic, you can check your checked bags at the resort and they will get them to the airport and on the plane for you. You only have to worry about your carry on. You can leave your carry on bag at teh front desk to pick up that night.
We spent about 2 hours at Il Mulino and enjoyed it. There should be little to no wait at 5 pm. Finish dinner around 7. Should be under 20 minutes walk back.
Should be to the airport by 8.
I haven't flown out that late, but would not expect the security line to be too bad that late.

Don't forget to tip them when you check your bags that morning. Airline RAC is not part of DME at all; it's a contracted company (just like if you use curbside check-in at the airport). You'll need your boarding pass (I forget if they print them for you or not).

You definitely sound like you have enough time. I'd figure 90 minutes for dinner, then go back to get your bags (unless you don't have a carry on bag, in that case, just Uber from the Dolphin), and get to the airport.

Just my opinion but the only meals I don't enjoy are the ones I am worried about time.

Just my opinion but the only meals I don't enjoy are the ones I am worried about time.

This is probably why the OP has asked for feedback. I think there is time and I am a worrier when it comes to being late.

I want to thank everybody so much, I feel much less stressed about our last day now. I had no idea about RAC so I'm sure I will have plenty of time without having to worry about checking our bags at the airport. I assume that a 10:40 PM flight on a random weekday probably wouldn't be too crazy to begin with, but I almost never fly so I wasn't entirely sure.

I'm glad I decided to ask about this because I got to learn some new things in the process, thanks again everybody!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter