Do I need sweatshirts the end of November?

deedeew80

Dreaming of My Prince
Hi everyone! We are heading to Disney the day after Thanksgiving! I understand the weather could be quite unpredictable in Florida, but is there chance of it being cold enough in the evening for sweatshirts? Trying not to bring a huge backpack into the parks, but there are 4 of us, and if I have to bring sweatshirts too that will be a lot of stuff to carry around! Lol! This is our first time going with the kids and not using a stroller!! Thanks for any info!

We were there over thanksgiving and wore shorts and tanks to the vmcp right after thanksgiving - everyone was huddled into groups because it was COLD!!

We got back to pop and they were having to refill the hot chocolate powder in the machine and there was a HUGE line!!

Crystal ball not working.... check forecast before you leave and pack accordingly.

Like I said in my original post, I know Florida weather is unpredictable, and I will be packing for any sort of weather. However, I’m trying NOT to bring a whole lot into the parks with me since I will be the one carrying a backpack of some sort. Was just curious if those who have been at the end of November could kindly give some advice. Thank you! :thumbsup2

We were there over thanksgiving and wore shorts and tanks to the vmcp right after thanksgiving - everyone was huddled into groups because it was COLD!!

We got back to pop and they were having to refill the hot chocolate powder in the machine and there was a HUGE line!!

Wow! So crazy how unpredictable Florida weather is from year to year! I was there the end of November way back in 2006 and it was pretty mild! Lol!

last time we went in November, the first 3 days were very hot but the remaining 7 days, we needed the sweatshirts in the morning and evening. The sun goes down at suppertime and it cools down fast.

Yes. Or No. Or Maybe.

Seriously, there is no way to tell. If you look at historic data you'll see low temperatures during that time ranging from the 40's to the 70's. Of course, historic data has no bearing on what it will actually be when you are there. The only thing you can do is to watch the forecast as the date gets closer and use that as a slightly better indication of what you might experience.

DEFINITELY bring jacket or sweatshirts. I go often in December.

When I check into our resort, the first think I do is call Housekeeping for blankets. ALWAYS.
The sensor thermostats do not allow for personal preferences and our family lives in the bitter cold Midwest and we never want to be cold at Disney. Hence, always blankets on hand. And jackets.

yea i am thinking bring some cozy sweatshirts. personally we never needed them around thanksgiving time but as you said you never know! im thinking you guys should just do layers and see how that goes!

I'm bringing sweatshirts for our August trip! The worst is to be sweaty and then go into air conditioning and get the chills. Yuck!

As a CA girl I went to one MVMCP at the beginning of December and needed serious layers! At night it was very cold!

I always encourage folks to pack one outfit for each extreme. Typically it will be very pleasant, the Nov 24th average high/low is 76F/56F. But the record low is 31F and the record high is 85. The weather channel monthly page will show the record high/low if you click on the date.

So I suggest you have a sweatshirt or hoodie ready. You will know in the morning whether you want to throw it in the backpack for the evening.

I always encourage folks to pack one outfit for each extreme. Typically it will be very pleasant, the Nov 24th average high/low is 76F/56F. But the record low is 31F and the record high is 85. The weather channel monthly page will show the record high/low if you click on the date.

So I suggest you have a sweatshirt or hoodie ready. You will know in the morning whether you want to throw it in the backpack for the evening.

This is exactly right! Or, you can embrace the idea of picking out a snuggly warm souvenir of the night, which isn’t a bad thing if your budget allows it. Through the years, we’ve had 4 such items come home with us, including a pair of Mickey Mouse track pants necessitated by a spilled hot chocolate. Aside from the pants, we could probably have managed without the additional fleecies, but didn’t mind spending the extra $ to make sure someone stayed really comfortable. In the long run, everyone loved these unplanned purchases long after our trips were over.

We have had trips in mid November where we only wore a sweatshirt on the trip to/ from our home & the Philadelphia Airport . We have had other were we needed them late at night or very early AM not to mention the one trip we had to wear them all day for the last 2 days ( & DH had to buy a ski cap). Take them with you to Florida and based on plans / weather forecast decide each day.

YES, bring them! We went last November 12-20. I wore my jacket almost every night. DH, who rarely gets cold, wore his most nights, too. Our last night, we were freezing, wearing our hoods on Astro Orbiter so our ears wouldn't freeze off! LOL. And really it wasn't that cold, the lowest it got our whole week was 56, but it just feels colder somehow in Florida.

We went the week after Thanksgiving in 2016. For most of our trip, it was very hot and humid. The last day, the highs were in the low 60s.

We always take light fleece jackets with us, but we've never taken them out of the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter