Do I need FOTL in January?

Mainebound

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I think Sapphire Falls looks like a great resort we might want to try for the Universal part of our Orlando trip, January 10-13 2019, but I'm worried we will miss FOTL.

Then I realized, hey, it's January. Maybe we won't need it.

I'd love opinions from anyone who has been in January. TIA!

Looking at last year, same weekend happened to be MLK weekend so crowds were pretty high on the Friday and Saturday. But when I look at a non MLK weekend in January from last year to try and do a relative comparison, crowds and ride wait times looked somewhat manageable.

Friday was quite slow with the major rides seeing wait times lower than 30 min throughout the day with much of it less than 20 minutes. Saturday was busier with the headlining rides seeing waits of 30-45min through most of the day. Sunday was in between.

In the past 3 years I have gone either Jan 4 for a week or last week leading into feb 2 and did not experience big crowds during the week

On weekends if the weather was great and warm, crowds only noticed on the weekends

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!