Do I need cash?

I always carry a little cash ($20-$40) and my CC to the parks. Like others have said the balloons are cash only, and I don't want to be stuck if the MB doesn't work for some reason. DH has got me in the habit of having a little cash at all times.

The rest of our cash (tip money) stays in the safe.

First time to Disney World. We will have our magic bands, and are on the Disney Dining Plan. So do we need actual cash while in the park? I plan to have a credit card on file with the resort.
You can pay with CC for most things if you want a bollon you have to pay cash. There might be a few other things might be cash only. I would have some cash on me for the just Incase

I use cash for tipping the Magical Express driver, housekeeping, and if I have housekeeping bring something to the room (a box fan) late at night. The only time I needed cash in the parks were to buy coffee when the “system was down” and I needed a credit card once when my magic band wasn’t working at the touchpoint.

In general, no. However it never fails that whenever I am just dying of thirst the closest cart with water will inevitably only accept cash.

For the most part all locations accept credit cards or Magic Bands except the balloon people and perhaps a few other carts. Most of the carts now take cards and MBs. With that being said, I generally keep 20-30 on me just in case while in the parks. We bring a few hundred in cash for tips, etc. We generally leave that in the safe at the room.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your responses - and we'll bring a little with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter