do I need a Maid of Honor?

moonchild

Earning My Ears
Silly question, maybe. Ive never done this before......I am not planning on having a Maid of Honor or any bridesmaids. What about a witness? How does that work? My immediate faimily will be present at the ceremony.
If at all possible, I really dont want a Maid of Honor

We actually had 2 "weddings" - one was the legal event at WDW, the other was at our church. My parents were the only people there, and my Mom signed as my witness on the church forms for me and my Dad did for DH. No, you don't have to have a maid (or matron) of honor, and a family member can witness for you. It would be very special to those family members there to be included as your witnesses I'm sure!

Moonchild,
Remember-this is YOUR Wedding. If you would love for your parents to be your witnesses, then that's exactly what you should do. Don't worry about "etiquette". It's your Fairytale-so it should be the Wedding that you and your DF have always dreamed of!
Congratulations!

Thanks Cinderella! You are sooooo right! I get so sick of everyone saying " oh ya have to do this or that"... yada yadda yadda......It's our day and we will do what we wish.

Not a silly question at all... When we started planning this and my FI's mom asked me who we would have as witnesses I thought huh? Witnesses, what's that for? Ah, to know absolutely nothing about weddings...

Then I wanted my mother to be my MOH, and she kept saying "but that's not how it's done!!", so we compromised, she and my dad are walking me down the aisle. My parents will be our witnesses as well. Another thing was that my mom didn't want to wear black because she thought I'd be offended. Eventually I was able to reassure her that it was *my (and FI's)* wedding, if I said it was okay to wear black, it was okay;)

Good luck:D

No, you to do not have to have a Maid of Honor if you don't want to. Just remember this is your wedding and make sure it's what you and your financee wants! Sometimes family/friends can put alot of pressure on you about what they "think" and tradition etc. Just don't let anyone do that and relax and enjoy your special day!

Good luck and Best Wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter