Do I have to have all the names to make an ADR?

Butterstick

Earning My Ears
I’m planning a large group trip (around 15 friends) for this summer. I’d like to make at least one or two ADRs when the window opens this week. But not everyone has a My Disney Experience account yet, and I’m not 100% on who will make it. I’m afraid if I wait until I know who is definitely going, then there won’t be space for such a large group anywhere good.

Can I make just an ADR for oh, 15 people without giving the names of who is attending? Do I have to do this over the phone? I looked at making an ADR with the app, and can’t figure out how to do it without everyone having a MDE account and adding me to their friends and family list...?

No, you don't need all of the names. You can just make a reservation with your name and specify who's in the party later. Or not. You really don't ever have to link the dining reservation to all of the names in the party unless you want it to show up on their MDE accounts. But not all of the restaurants will accept an online reservation for a party of that size. Here is a link to a site that shows the size of party you can make for each restaurant. If you have more than that, you will need to call or use multiple MDE accounts to get to the size you want, since MDE won't let you make more than one reservation for the same time.

https://wdwprepschool.com/booking-large-groups-for-dining-at-disney-world/

Laurie

I have multiple ADRs with just my name on it.
Interesting. I've been able to do that if I call, but if I try that online, it prompts me to cancel the existing reservation to book the new one unless it's 2 hours before or after the existing one.

Laurie

Interesting. I've been able to do that if I call, but if I try that online, it prompts me to cancel the existing reservation to book the new one unless it's 2 hours before or after the existing one.

Laurie

I think they only have to be just over an hour apart. Right now I have a 10:15 and 11:30 reservation for the same restaurant, both only under my name but for parties of 5 and 6.

You can use any names in your friends and family list on MDE (you can create placeholder names if needed) then use the app and go to "My Plans" and scroll down to your reservation and then swap out names anytime before you check in using the "update party" link as shown in the pic from the mobile app below. The web site probably has similar functionality but I use that link on the mobile app to update members as needed.

ADR.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter