Do I have time to go to Disneyland Paris?

You have the tourists who go in, snap a selfie with the Mona Lisa and then leave again, just to be able to say they saw it. The tourists who love art and want to see every artwork in a relaxed pace. And everything in between those two. In

I’ve learned that this is me, I’m just not into history and art, so I can do the Louvre in about 30 minutes. Now off to the next patisserie because that’s actually why I’m in Paris :rotfl2:

As for Versailles, make sure you get the timed entry tickets before hand. Don’t worry about printing them out, showing them on my phone was sufficient. We walked right in and past very, very long lines! Not sure why the timed tickets weren’t being used by everyone else, we felt like secret VIPs and we’d just gotten them the night before.

As others have said, you can definitely do it all, especially if you have a base in Paris city centre and are just planning to visit Disneyland for one day (using the RER train from central Paris which takes around 45 minutes each way).
The comments above on the Eurostar are mostly about a Eurostar from Disneyland, which as others have pointed out is limited. But you've said you're leaving Friday: in that case I'd recommend spending a different day in Disneyland (Tues, Wed or Thurs) as crowds will be much lower.
Your last day (Friday) being in Paris, you would get the Eurostar from Gare du Nord in Paris to London. It is cheaper and frequent, with trains running quite late. It is in the North of Paris, not too far from the Sacre Coeur, so offers a chance to see that before you head off on your train. Going up to the Sacre Coeur and looking out over Paris at sunset is one of my favourite things to do in the city.

While I am sure you can fit everything in, try not to stress too much about ticking things off the list. Living in Scotland, I'm lucky to be able to visit Paris often but I would strongly suggest taking time to just wander, soaking in the beautiful streets, strolling by the river, stopping for a glass of wine and watching people....it can be a very relaxing city when experienced this way!

Regarding doing Disney in one day: I'd suggest spending a couple of hours in the Studios first to experience the rides that you don't have in the US, if this is important to you, then spending most of the day in the beautiful Disneyland Parc. The Studios has some fun attractions but it is a small park which sadly doesn't have much going for it looks-wise (yet!). The main park is stunning, huge and deserves lots of time to be seen properly for big Disney fans :)

I’ve learned that this is me, I’m just not into history and art, so I can do the Louvre in about 30 minutes. Now off to the next patisserie because that’s actually why I’m in Paris :rotfl2:

As for Versailles, make sure you get the timed entry tickets before hand. Don’t worry about printing them out, showing them on my phone was sufficient. We walked right in and past very, very long lines! Not sure why the timed tickets weren’t being used by everyone else, we felt like secret VIPs and we’d just gotten them the night before.
For the timed ticket would you recommend one really early in the morning? I'd like to beat the rush of people.

As others have said, you can definitely do it all, especially if you have a base in Paris city centre and are just planning to visit Disneyland for one day (using the RER train from central Paris which takes around 45 minutes each way).
The comments above on the Eurostar are mostly about a Eurostar from Disneyland, which as others have pointed out is limited. But you've said you're leaving Friday: in that case I'd recommend spending a different day in Disneyland (Tues, Wed or Thurs) as crowds will be much lower.
Your last day (Friday) being in Paris, you would get the Eurostar from Gare du Nord in Paris to London. It is cheaper and frequent, with trains running quite late. It is in the North of Paris, not too far from the Sacre Coeur, so offers a chance to see that before you head off on your train. Going up to the Sacre Coeur and looking out over Paris at sunset is one of my favourite things to do in the city.

While I am sure you can fit everything in, try not to stress too much about ticking things off the list. Living in Scotland, I'm lucky to be able to visit Paris often but I would strongly suggest taking time to just wander, soaking in the beautiful streets, strolling by the river, stopping for a glass of wine and watching people....it can be a very relaxing city when experienced this way!

Regarding doing Disney in one day: I'd suggest spending a couple of hours in the Studios first to experience the rides that you don't have in the US, if this is important to you, then spending most of the day in the beautiful Disneyland Parc. The Studios has some fun attractions but it is a small park which sadly doesn't have much going for it looks-wise (yet!). The main park is stunning, huge and deserves lots of time to be seen properly for big Disney fans :)
This is great information thank you! I am a total Disney fan so it'll be great getting to a third park around the world. That's a good point about going in the middle of the week to avoid crowds. I'm guessing it's like the Florida parks where it's much more crowded on weekends.

I do like having a plan, but I definitely want to just soak in the city. I like that Woody Allen movie Midnight in Paris. It makes the city look so romantic. I need to get my Fiance to watch that before we go. You're so lucky to live near so many amazing cities. I studied abroad in Prague when I was in college and I loved being able to go to another country every weekend traveling was so easy.

Like with the Louvre, it really depends on what kind of person you are. You have the tourists who go in, snap a selfie with the Mona Lisa and then leave again, just to be able to say they saw it.

My favourite picture from my entire trip was not of the Mona Lisa, but a picture of the HORDES of people trying to push and squish their way up front to get a picture:

IMG-20180806-114036.jpg

My favourite picture from my entire trip was not of the Mona Lisa, but a picture of the HORDES of people trying to push and squish their way up front to get a picture:

IMG-20180806-114036.jpg
OMG that is an insane amount of people. Is the whole place that packed or just in front of the Mona Lisa?

OMG that is an insane amount of people. Is the whole place that packed or just in front of the Mona Lisa?

It's pretty much just the Mona Lisa. Also crowded but not to those insane levels is the Venus De Milo

It's pretty much just the Mona Lisa. Also crowded but not to those insane levels is the Venus De Milo
Good to know. My Fiance doesn't do well with crowds so maybe I'll have him hang back for this painting.

the timed ticket would you recommend one really early in the morning? I'd like to beat the rush of people.

We had the 9 am timed entry, were late a little bit, but there by 9:20ish and already hoards of people! We were there all day until they closed, so regardless of crowds, I was glad we got there early

Also, we were just there for the runDisney weekend in Sept and in line for the Louvre before they opened (I really loved the line skipping part of the Museum Pass at most places) and our crowds for the Mona Lisa were maybe 15% of that pic. That is a crazy picture!!!

Also, if you’re climbing the towers of Notre Dame, there’s a kiosk on the side with timed entry tickets

You absolutely have time to do it all! Norte Dame and the Eiffel Tower can be done in one day, just go to the Eiffel Tower after dark so you can see the city lit up. I am in Paris right now and know you can fit more than one thing into a day. I spent yesterday at DLP and was able to ride everything that was open using the Fastpass that you pay for and single rider lines. My advice to you would be to buy a museum pass as it has saved me a lot of money and it includes access to 55 sights including the Lovre and Versailles. Have fun, this is a great city, and the people are very friendly and helpful.

I would disagree with the members who have said you need a day to do each attraction.

You easily have enough time to visit Disneyland Paris and do the attractions.

On my last trip we visited the Eiffel Tower at 10 am. We were staying at DLP and left there around 9am on the train. We then walked to the Louvre following the river. That was about a 45 minute walk. Could be done way quicker using public transport. We would even have had time to do Notre Dame after, all within the same day but as we had visited there before decided not to bother that time.

I can't say on Versailles as I have never been there but you'll definitely have enough time.

We're doing five nights in Paris before going to Belfast (four full days and two half days) and will he hitting Versailles and Disneyland Paris (park hopper). It's a matter of picking an choosing what matters to you most. For me and DS 23, Disneyland Paris is a must do - a reason to go to Paris. Do note that we're not all that into museums and such - will want to hit the Louvre (but just for a few hours). On Trip Advisor, most recommend skipping Versailles due to the crowds on short visits or picking a different less visited castle, but if like DS 23 you've always wanted to see Versailles and another less famous, but also less crowded castle won't do, of course, don't skip it. Do note that the Louvre was a palace too. Thought I'd let you know what we are planning with a similar length of stay in case that is helpful.

On arrival day Day 0 -- We get in at around 9 (we're staying at a hotel on the left bank by Notre Dame)
We're doing a walking tour with Paris Walks of the Marias at 2:30 p.m. (it's one where you just show up), relaxing at our hotel, and doing a Seine river cruise (five minute walk from our hotel).

Day 1 -- We'll see and climb Notre Dame, see Sainte Chapell, check out the Shakespeare and Company book store -- We'll check out the Luxembourg Gardens too.

Day 2 -- DS is keen on going up in the Eiffel Tower, so our day will be planned around our timed tickets. We'll also while there take photos from Trocadero (the fountains nearby). This will be the day too for the Louvre too -- just hitting this for three hours or so.

Day 3 -- Disneyland Paris park hopper day for me and my 23 year old son. DH who doesn't care for Disney Parks will do a St. Germaine food tour

Day 4 -- This is our Versailles day -- hoping to get the King's Apartment tour reservation. If not will do a timed general entry ticket.

Day 5 -- We have an evening flight to Belfast, but need to head over to the airport (leave our hotel around 2 p.m.) // morning is open for whatever we didn't fit in earlier or feel like doing: Maybe check out the Champs Elysees with a quick stroll and look at the Arch de Triomphe from the outside or if DS prefers a quick trip over to Montmatre; Sacré-Coeur or just hit the Tuileries Gardens by the Louvre (just one of these though).

What I like most about Paris is the vibe of the cafes, walking the streets, etc. You can see a lot just by strolling. If you want to go into monuments, museums, etc. plan time accordingly. I'm the only one in my family who has been to Paris, though, and last time I was an exchange student there, so had a full summer stay. DH doesn't really care about going to Paris, but is coming along for the ride. Paris is a dream trip for DS, so we are doing the trip based on his interests. He's mostly interested in a few highlights (major very popular tourist stuff that's he's heard about and seen photos of) and Disneyland/Versailles. Paris is a large city with tons of museums and history and a great walking city, so it's really what is there that you care about and your vacation style. And meals and hanging out at cafes are really fun between walks/attractions, so I usually just plan two main things a day. Also a day trip like Disneyland or Versailles needs a full day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter