• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I even have enough time to book meals

stlmom

Earning My Ears
I am working on resorts now for a June 13-16 trip. I will book by 3/27 to get current discount. Will have to wing which dining plan to get (can up upgrade after you book?) and won't have time to research and make reservations until after the 27th. Are we even going to get into any decent restaurants? Not planning on doing any of the princess dinner or tea things. Would like some sort of nemo-themed thing and then I have not idea what else.

Also, at the nice foodie-type restaurants to they still have the basic kids meals are my kids expected to eat crab cakes and such?

Thanks!

I just booked the other day for May 26-31. So far I have managed to get everything I want except 'Ohana, which I still have the CR IPO working on. Your can go ahead now and book dining reservations without having an onsite reservation. Check this link: http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm for menus, prices are pretty current. I'd check back if you can't get comething right away, and try calling 407-WDW-DINE rather than using the online booking system. Good luck and enjoy!

ETA: There are children's menus there too!

I am working on resorts now for a June 13-16 trip. I will book by 3/27 to get current discount. Will have to wing which dining plan to get (can up upgrade after you book?) and won't have time to research and make reservations until after the 27th. Are we even going to get into any decent restaurants? Not planning on doing any of the princess dinner or tea things. Would like some sort of nemo-themed thing and then I have not idea what else.

Also, at the nice foodie-type restaurants to they still have the basic kids meals are my kids expected to eat crab cakes and such?

Thanks!

They all have basic kids meals...not sure what you mean by nemo type thing - if you're referring to seafood, I'd recommend Flying Fish Cafe, or Coral Reef if you want to dine in the park. Today is only the 12th..I'd suggest you poke around at the options and make a few ressies, you can always cancel, not set in stone, and that way you'll have something at least in case they are really booked up by the time you get around to doing more in depth research....in 20 minutes, you could have 3 ADR'S .....

I was informed by disney dining that you can add the dining plan up to 72 hours before check in, but you must change to a package and get your tickets from Disney.

You still have plenty of time. After you book, just go ahead and try your hand at booking the meals you want. A few things to keep in mind though.
#1 Be Flexible: You may get the meal you want but it may have to be at an off time.
#2 Be Persistent: If you don't get what you want when you want just try back the next day.
#3 Be Prepared: Get a list together of the places you want and dates you want them.

I have in the past booked meals I wanted for times I didn't just to make sure I had a table. If you call later and can get a better time you can cancel the old and stick with the new. also 1 & 3 go hand in hand. Let's say you want Chef Mickey's on Monday and Akershus on Thursday. But all they have is Akershus Monday and Chef Mickey's Thursday. Maybe you can swap the dates.
Good luck and Happy Dining:hippie:

You can book dinner reservations now, even before trip is planned, as PP stated. The only thing to keep in mind is that any ressies requiring a credit card will charge you immediately, unless you have a trip confirmation number that shows you are on a dining plan. This happened to us...we made our ADRs at 180 days, not realizing DH had not told the CM when booking the trip (5 months prior) that we would be on dining plan. Since one of our meals was at Hoop-de-Doo, for 10 people, our CC was immediately charged over $500! We called Member Services (we are DVC members) and they changed it for us, but we had to make a new ressie and cancel the other one, and it was another month before our CC showed the credit.

I would make ADRs now (except those CC ones) - they don't have to know you are on DDP until you arrive at the restaurant.

I booked a week in advance last year and got almost every dining I wanted. I just booked this week for the end of April and the only dining I couldn't get was for le cellier.
The kids menus are mostly the same where I have been.

I think you can still get some ADRs. Just call Dinsey and check availability. Plus, if they dont have a spot today they might tomorrow or the next day....just keep calling you can also do it online, but I have not used that option before.

You might have to be flexible but you can probably at least make some booking and call back if you dont tget hte exact time(s) u want...

We are planning a trip for June as well. We just booked our reservations yesterday and got Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier, Whispering Canyon, and Sci-Fi Dine-In with no problem. You should still be fine for most places, especially if you are flexible on times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter