Do Disneyland Table Service Reataurants Charge To Split An Entree?

Saseegrl

Earning My Ears
Question, do any of the table service restaurants charge to split an entree? For example, if my friend and I want to split a large steak at Steakhouse 55 do they have an extra plate charge?

Question, do any of the table service restaurants charge to split an entree? For example, if my friend and I want to split a large steak at Steakhouse 55 do they have an extra plate charge?
No, my daughter and I do this all the time at Steakhouse 55. We do this because there are SO MANY great sides, and we want a little of everything. We usually start with a soup or salad each, split the steak, then add spinach, truffled mac and cheese, and a potato.

We rarely have room for dessert, but the desserts can be split too.

They also split at the Blue Bayou. You can either split the meal straight down the middle, or I think they will also just split the entree and give you full sides. I believe the latter option incurs a small charge.

Blue bayou does if you have them do it, in my experience. They are adding sides to the other plate and they gave us more Portobello mushroom (vegetarian entree) than we would have had with one entree, so it’s a value-added option.

Blue bayou does if you have them do it, in my experience. They are adding sides to the other plate and they gave us more Portobello mushroom (vegetarian entree) than we would have had with one entree, so it’s a value-added option.
BB used to do that, and charged so they could double up on the appetizer (maybe the side?). Now it's a la carte so no need for a split plate charge. Now you have to buy the appetizer so feel free to buy two. Oy. This was a huge stealth price increase BTW).

Last edited:
No, my daughter and I do this all the time at Steakhouse 55. We do this because there are SO MANY great sides, and we want a little of everything. We usually start with a soup or salad each, split the steak, then add spinach, truffled mac and cheese, and a potato.

We rarely have room for dessert, but the desserts can be split too.
Great idea!

My daughter will frequently order off the kids menu, they usually bring an adult sized portion (and charge an adult price.)

That’s fine with me. I don’t mind the price, just as a picky eater it’s hard for me to find something, but I still would like to enjoy the atmosphere of restaurants like Blue Bayou. The Monte Christo sounds like it might be ok but I’m not really sure what all comes on it. I just want meat, cheese, bread, and fries haha.

Like others said, split and share are different things and has to do with if there's sides or not and if your each want your own full sized portion.

When there's no sides to split, it's just sharing and takes the split fee out of consideration.

Also I'm so curious if you're the one who asked this on the Foodies group in FB too, lol!

That’s fine with me. I don’t mind the price, just as a picky eater it’s hard for me to find something, but I still would like to enjoy the atmosphere of restaurants like Blue Bayou. The Monte Christo sounds like it might be ok but I’m not really sure what all comes on it. I just want meat, cheese, bread, and fries haha.

For what it's worth, adding to the "yes, can order off the kids menu at adult prices", I've also just ordered a mashed potato side before at BB (turned out the one thing I would eat at BB was removed for Thanksgiving to add the turkey to the menu). They're fairly accommodating.

You might want to look at pictures of the BB Monte Christo - it’s not a typical sandwich at all and might not be what you’d expect if you order it somewhere else.

The Monte Cristo is meat, cheese, and bread, but then battered and fried. It's seriously amazing. Like a sandwich inside a donut. But better than that sounds. :) You'd have to order fries separately though, at least that's how it is at Cafe Orleans.

The Monte Cristo is meat, cheese, and bread, but then battered and fried. It's seriously amazing. Like a sandwich inside a donut. But better than that sounds. :) You'd have to order fries separately though, at least that's how it is at Cafe Orleans.

That does sound good. Doesn't it also have some kind of jam on it?

That does sound good. Doesn't it also have some kind of jam on it?
It has a berry puree for dipping (which is a fancy way of saying jam, haha) that is very good. I like that you get to decide how much of it you use vs having it already part of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter