Do Disneyland restaurants open early?

MaleficentRN

Orange Bird is my spirit animal.
If park hours are 9am with EE of 8am, what time will Carnation and Plaza open? Do they have pre park opening hours?

Plaza Inn usually opens 10 minutes after the park opens whether it's a MM/EE or regular day.
Not sure about Carnation Cafe.

Not sure what MK means - I am guessing Magic Kingdom?

But yes, at least some of the restaurants in Disneyland do open when the park opens even for early entry - we have gotten character breakfast reservations there for park opening or very shortly after and were let in to go enjoy our breakfast without having to use our early entry.

Not sure what MK means - I am guessing Magic Kingdom?

But yes, at least some of the restaurants in Disneyland do open when the park opens even for early entry - we have gotten character breakfast reservations there for park opening or very shortly after and were let in to go enjoy our breakfast without having to use our early entry.
Thank you. That was my concern.

Hahaha! I just realized what I did! Yes, I meant Disneyland. I plan way too many trips at once. :blush:

Hahahaha, no. In general it seemed like they opened late if anything. We had to wait 10-15 minutes for lunch at Plaza Inn to open.

Hahahaha, no. In general it seemed like they opened late if anything. We had to wait 10-15 minutes for lunch at Plaza Inn to open.
But Plaza Inn is TS for breakfast, then it closes and reopens as CS for lunch/dinner. So I don't think what time they open for lunch has any bearing on when they open for reserved seating in the morning.

Just to test I went onto the website and pretended I wanted to make a reservation for tomorrow morning (8am opening, 7am MM). The earliest time it lets me select for Carnation Cafe is 8am, but for Plaza Inn it allows me to choose 7:30am. So my best guess is that Carnation Cafe does not open early, but Plaza Inn does. If Carnation Cafe does open early, maybe it's walk-up only.

But Plaza Inn is TS for breakfast, then it closes and reopens as CS for lunch/dinner. So I don't think what time they open for lunch has any bearing on when they open for reserved seating in the morning.

Just to test I went onto the website and pretended I wanted to make a reservation for tomorrow morning (8am opening, 7am MM). The earliest time it lets me select for Carnation Cafe is 8am, but for Plaza Inn it allows me to choose 7:30am. So my best guess is that Carnation Cafe does not open early, but Plaza Inn does. If Carnation Cafe does open early, maybe it's walk-up only.
Right. But just saying, don't expect them to open early or even on time. Check the posted hours on the website and expect it to be open then or a bit later.

Right. But just saying, don't expect them to open early or even on time. Check the posted hours on the website and expect it to be open then or a bit later.
I see, you're talking about whether they run ahead of or behind schedule. I think OP was asking about the actual schedule - whether on days when there's EMH, the restaurants are typically scheduled to open at the beginning of EMH or at the beginning of official park opening. Good to know that they tend to run behind though.

I think the OP is tryimg to compare opening schedules and reservations to those at WDW. At WDW you can book pre park opening reservations at the crystal palace, be our guest and Akershus where you are let into the park sometimes an hour before anyone else is let in, including extra magic hours. Disneyland, unfortunately, does not do the same as far as I know. The hours for plaza and carnation coincide with whatever the earliest entrance time is whether it is extra magic hours or normal opening hours.

My understanding is that the closest you can get to a MK pre-park opening breakfast at CP, etc. when you're at Disneyland is to book a Plaza Inn breakfast during Magic Morning on a day when you aren't using your MM option. For example, if MM is at 7am, book a 7:15 Plaza Inn breakfast and they'll let you into the park to go to your reservation. That's what I'm planning to do but it's not until May 2018, so if someone has a recent experience to share, I'd love to hear it.

If you're comparing the early entry breakfasts at MK with the early entry breakfasts at DL, it really isn't the same. You can't get very far up Main Street and I don't think Photopass is out yet.

We love early breakfast in the MK. We never do it in DL because we stay at onsite hotels and always have park access for early entry. Instead, we schedule late breakfast at Plaza Inn after enjoying the early lower crowds for a couple hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter