Do Disney resort guests still get their own entrance at the parks?

meggiebeth

WDW, DLR & DLP enthusiast
On our last trip in 2018, we couldn’t find any of the “Disney resort guests” entrances at the parks - when we went in 2013, these really came in handy, particularly when the lines to get in were long and so I wasn’t sure if they’re gone for good or if we just missed them?

On our last trip in 2018, we couldn’t find any of the “Disney resort guests” entrances at the parks - when we went in 2013, these really came in handy, particularly when the lines to get in were long and so I wasn’t sure if they’re gone for good or if we just missed them?

No, there are no Disney resort guest only entrance tap points at the parks.

There is usually a designated AP holder entrance at each park, but that is the only “special” group entrance.

I've never heard of the "resort guest entrance" and we've been a lot.

No, there are no Disney resort guest only entrance tap points at the parks.

There is usually a designated AP holder entrance at each park, but that is the only “special” group entrance.

I'm glad you answered this because when I read the OP, I was like HUH?!?! o_O In 35+ trips this has never existed to my knowledge. :laughing:

Thanks guys - guess that’s a no then! :laughing: We remember using them way back when before the old style turn styles were changed. They’ve also had special Disney hotel guest entrances at Disneyland Paris and still have them at HKDL I believe - shame they’re not at WDW now. :)

We were just at Disneyworld and there is a 'guest entrance' that allowed those at the Contemporary to walk to the Magic Kingdom. We had our own security line separate from those entering the park, which was convenient and saved a few minutes each day. All of the parks have separate security lines for those with vs. without bags. The lines without bags were always quicker to get through.

We were just at Disneyworld and there is a 'guest entrance' that allowed those at the Contemporary to walk to the Magic Kingdom. We had our own security line separate from those entering the park, which was convenient and saved a few minutes each day. All of the parks have separate security lines for those with vs. without bags. The lines without bags were always quicker to get through.

This is due to security only. These aren't "special resort guest lines" that the OP was talking about.

Depends what the OP is asking. The general public entering Magic Kindom were NOT able to use the entrance we used.

The CR walkway security checkpoint didn’t exist in 2013, FWIW.

And for full clarity, anyone walking from CR/BLT can use that walkway to the MK, they don’t have to be resort guests. A local could Uber to CR for dinner then walk over, for example, along with countless other scenarios why a non-resort guest would use the walkway.

And for full clarity, anyone walking from CR/BLT can use that walkway to the MK, they don’t have to be resort guests. A local could Uber to CR for dinner then walk over, for example, along with countless other scenarios why a non-resort guest would use the walkway.

Thank you, this was exactly my point earlier in the thread. :)

Thanks guys - guess that’s a no then! :laughing: We remember using them way back when before the old style turn styles were changed. They’ve also had special Disney hotel guest entrances at Disneyland Paris and still have them at HKDL I believe - shame they’re not at WDW now. :)
We’ve been going to WDW since the mid 80’s and there has NEVER been a Resort Guests entrance, in our experience.

“Guest”. NOT “RESORT Guest”.

And for full clarity, anyone walking from CR/BLT can use that walkway to the MK, they don’t have to be resort guests.

I agree. I never said you had to be STAYING at the Contemporary to use this walkway. Anyone coming from the Contemporary resort AREA (regardless of how they got there) can use this walkway. If you aren't, you would have to jump a fence to get on that walkway which I am sure Disney security would not appreciate.

OP: Are you remembering for EMH AM hours? The only time I have ever been in a resort guest only line at WDW was when a park had EMH AM hours.
This has to be what OP is thinking about, or mixing up in their memory
Since there has never been a line dedicated for Walt Disney World resort guests to use to enter the parks during regular operating hours. Surely not in 2013. But if they had gone in during EMH, there would have appeared to be such a thing

Depends what the OP is asking. The general public entering Magic Kindom were NOT able to use the entrance we used.

I agree. I never said you had to be STAYING at the Contemporary to use this walkway. Anyone coming from the Contemporary resort AREA (regardless of how they got there) can use this walkway. If you aren't, you would have to jump a fence to get on that walkway which I am sure Disney security would not appreciate.

?

What did “general public” refer to, then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter