Do Cruise Add-Ons go live at the same time as land ABDs?

TarotFox

Mouseketeer
I wasn't paying attention the other night to any of the cruise packages, but I've suddenly found myself looking at Alaska. It seems like the Alaska cruises themselves have been up for quite some time, but did the 2021 packages just go up, or have they also been up for some amount of time? I'm not currently booked on a cruise, but from what I understand it's better to book when the cruise is newly added, just like with ABD.

I'm not quite sure I'm understanding your question, but I'm going to attempt to answer it.

ABD announces the add-ons to the DCL cruises on a different schedule than the regular land ABDs. It's more tied to when DCL announces their cruises. You need to book a cruise, then add the ABD add-on to it (or book them at the same time if they are both available). You cannot book the add-on without a cruise. They both need to be booked through DCL, not ABD. I believe that the add-ons currently listed have been up on the website for a while already.

My understanding is, the price of the ABD cruise add-on is the price of the ABD cruise add-on. There is no dynamic pricing like there is on land ABDs or ABD river cruises. That's certainly how it worked when I took mine. So if the departure you want is listed on the "Rates and Dates" tab under the Alaska cruise add-on page, then that's the price, and you can book it now.

Did that answer your question?

Sayhello

Basically, I mean, did the 2022 dates go live on Monday? Or do they go up at a different date, like with river cruise itineraries?

I'd rather book a cruise that doesn't have dates yet to get better pricing on the cruise. But I'm trying to use a placeholder, so I might get boxed into having to use it too early. I know the 2022 cruises will go up before the 2022 ABDs will, but I'm not sure when the corresponding cruise add ons will go live.

Basically, I mean, did the 2022 dates go live on Monday? Or do they go up at a different date, like with river cruise itineraries?

I'd rather book a cruise that doesn't have dates yet to get better pricing on the cruise. But I'm trying to use a placeholder, so I might get boxed into having to use it too early. I know the 2022 cruises will go up before the 2022 ABDs will, but I'm not sure when the corresponding cruise add ons will go live.
To my knowledge, the 2022 dates that are currently on the website did not go live on Monday, and were already available prior to that. They are not tied to the dates when the land tours are announced.

The ABD add-ons are generally announced sometime relatively shortly after the associated cruises go up. They will *not* be announced before the associated cruises are available (because you cannot book the add-on without booking the associated cruise).

So if you're trying to use a place-holder, you're going to have to wait until the cruise that doesn't have dates yet *does* have dates, because you will not be able to book the add-on for that cruise until then.

Sayhello

Okay, perfect. Thanks. Sorry for wording this so confusingly. I had no interest in these tours before like two days ago but unless Disney cancels my October trip before my PIF date, I'm gonna have to bow out of the BSM tour. :( But since you can't get an EBD with a cruise add on I figured I'd get the bang for my buck...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter