Do codes ever run out before expiration?

jenniferhouston1

Earning My Ears
This question is a bit metaphysical, so bear with me. If you have a room already reserved, is it possible to miss out on the application of a code because the code has already been applied too many times to other guests who asked for it first? Even when the code has not technically expired? Or, is it merely based upon room availability. Does that make sense? Thanks?:confused:

All available rooms are not necessarily available to be discounted. Only a certain number of rooms are available for a discount.

So yes availability to a discount could run out if they sell out of the discounted rooms. There have been times this has happen during the first day of release for certain resorts at certain times.

Also discounted rooms that are cancelled go back into regular rack rate inventory instead of being discounted again.

Which is another reason to be sure of your plans before you book.

Originally posted by jenniferhouston1
This question is a bit metaphysical, so bear with me. If you have a room already reserved, is it possible to miss out on the application of a code because the code has already been applied too many times to other guests who asked for it first? Even when the code has not technically expired? Or, is it merely based upon room availability. Does that make sense? Thanks?:confused:

Disney sets aside a certain # of rooms at each rate. When those rooms are gone that's it.

I tried to apply the AXA code to our existing ressie for a standard room at WL May 3-10 yesterday and was told all the standard rooms were gone at the discounted rate. I had to upgrade to a woods view at $15/night higher to get a discounted rate.

All this info is correct, but do not give up hope. I was able to switch from CBR at a code rate to WL at the code rate a month and a half after the code expired. Now maybe it was because I already had a code rate, but bottom line is just because code has expired ask anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter