DME question

hetzeltj

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere already, but dont know where. We are going on a cruise in April and the cruise is out of Miami. I did the math on flights and found that it was cheaper for us (4 of us) to rent a car and drive to MCO to get a return flight. We recently just became DVC members and got points for 2018 so this gives us an opportunity to use some points as we really didnt have a plan for them as we just got back from WDW in October. Here is my plan and questions:

Renting car at MIA and driving right to MCO
Can we drop off car and hop on DME to our resort? I know this needs a reservation, but can they make that reservation?
If our departing flight is at 6am, what time would DME pick us up?

You don't need an airline reservation to ride DME. Call them and tell them you're arriving to MCO by car.

For a 6 a.m. departure, you'll be picked up around 3 a.m.

There are several rental car companies by Disney Springs ( Avis at the Hilton, Dollar at the Wyndam that I know of for sure). We have taken our luggage to the hotel and then returned the rental car. Made the short walk to DS grabbed lunch then took the bus to our resort. Or there are 2 Alamo location right at Disney and they have free shuttle to service to where ever you want to go on Disney property. You just have to call a day ahead of time to arrange for the shuttle.

Um yes. I dont know why I didnt think of this, but yes it was $4 more expensive to drop the car off at the B resort by disney springs. I cant imagine how much time that will save. Now I just have to set up my DME to the airport for the return trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!