DME before a Resort Reservation

jen23il

Earning My Ears
A little scenario:
IF you have a split stay say 2 days at a NON Disney Resort, and then 2 days at a NEARBY Disney Resort. Could you book Disney's Magical Express to take you to the Disney Resort and if that resort is close enough walk/uber over to the Non Disney Resort to check in? Eliminating the cost of car rental or private transfer, or higher cost of uber?

Example:
Best example - Swan/Dolphin to YC/BW/BC
Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace to Saratoga Springs
etc.

I know you have to check in at the airport and they look at your magic bands but it will show you are staying at a Disney resort just not that day, but a day or 2 later.
I've seen where people have booked their DME for the day later since they were staying near airport first day. And next day they go back to the airport to take DME to the Disney Resort. Above scenario would take DME to the resort without a Resort check in that day.

I am pretty sure the answer would be no but I've also seen that every Disney Resort guest is entitled to DME to and from a Disney Resort. And considering DE is separate from reservations what do they care if you have a resort reservation check in that day. Or your flight came in early. Etc?

I've seen where people have booked their DME for the day later since they were staying near airport first day. And next day they go back to the airport to take DME to the Disney Resort. Above scenario would take DME to the resort without a Resort check in that day.

Actually in that scenario, the person is taking DME to the resort with a resort check-in that day - it's the day they're arriving at the airport that they don't have an onsite resort reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter