DLRP food for fussy eater!

Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran
I'm considering a trip to DLRP this year but a big drawback is food options for my son. He's 8 (9 in July) and basically only eats McDonalds type options or plain pasta / noodles / Marmite sandwiches :headache:

We got on OK-ish at Disneyland last summer but it certainly limited our options! It's been nearly 8 years since I last visited DLRP and being childless at that point we ate whatever we fancied! I doubt he would eat anything at a sit down restaurant and I would prefer to go for cheaper quick service anyway.
Are there any up-to-date menu's for quick service available? It would also be good to get a rough idea of cost and to see what my options are! I can't bare the thought of having McDonalds everyday :rotfl:
Is there anywhere you can buy milk and margarine? We won't have a car. Just thinking that could cover quick breakfast and snack options (if I bring bread and Marmite 🤣)

All the menus are on the website and on the App. Most of the counter service in the parks are burgers, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pizza and fries places. Theres a McDonalds in Disney Village.

My 8 year old niece loved the buffets as she could pick the food she wanted.

Mobile ordering is JUST being introduced with I think 3 or 4 restaurants available at each of the two parks (currently). Pym's kitchen could be a nice buffet option for you as I know they had a kids area with very plain/bland items.

As mentioned above, lots of basic chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pizza and fries type options.

On the question about milk, note that 99% of milk sold in France is UHT, which may not go down too well with a fussy eater - I was very fussy myself when I was a kid and I also loved milk, and I didn't like UHT (still don't!) so if your son is anything like I was, it's worth giving you a heads up there.

Now you can buy "fresh" milk, but you would need to go to the Auchan supermarket at Val D'Europe, which is one train stop away from Disneyland Paris (takes only 3-4 minutes). Now this might seem like a bit of a hassle, but it is so worth doing - in fact there is a whole thread on these boards about how and where to get proper milk with full instructions on (I should know, I wrote part of it!).

Having re-read it just now it looks like it still might be correct (considering it was originally posted in 2012), but unfortunately the hosting site I used to store the photos for the guide must have gone down, because all the photos are now broken links. I'm going to see tonight if I still have the originals and will try to update the post if I can - it's currently located here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/got-milk.2721452/page-2#post-45267469

DLP isn't the best place for food, so if your kid wants McDonalds for 2-3 meals, give it to him. It's way better than most of the quick service places in the parks. This from an American who basically goaded my kids into trying new things and would collapse at any of them eating at McDonalds now. I thought Remy's was a good option for a meal and I believe they have simple kids meals. If they have their food and wine Gourmand festival, that was a phenomenal option for adults, and some kid foods - raclette potatoes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter