DLRP first - timers - help!

windsock

Earning My Ears
Hi folks,
My family (me 46, DH 48, DS 18 and DD 16) are visiting DLRP for 4 nights/5 days in September (our 1st Disney experience). I love this site and have Simon's book with me everywhere. Please help answer some Q's I have - thanks.
I am more excited than the kids please assure me that they will love it.
We are staying at Sequoi Lodge what are the pool opening times?
We are flying into CDG Terminal 1 - is it easy to get a taxi to DLRP?
How much is said taxi? (Simon thinks about 40 euros).
Can we pre-book Cityrama Tour and Wild West Show or is it not necessary? we booked accomodation on-line with PTS and had no options for "extras" on-line.
Any "must dos" as regards rides, restaurants etc..?
What "essentials" should we take to parks each day?
Can we leave bags somewhere while on rides?
Are Ponchos a good idea, does it rain in late September? - I've seen them in a local store for £1.99, think I'll take them anyway at that price.
Any advice gratefully received - thanks.:confused: :confused:

Pool opening times are approximately 6.30am to 10.30pm (although the opening times is not from first-hand experience!). The Sequoia Lodge is my favourite of the DLP hotels (not yet stayed at the Disneyland), so I'm sure you'll have a great time there.

I don't think that it will be necessary to pre-book the tour or Buffalo Bill's. Just do this when you arrive. There is a concierge desk in the main lobby (to the left of the check-in desks) where you can book restaurants, Buffalo Bill's etc. We always make reservations for breakfast when staying at the Seqoia. It is a large hotel and sometimes a queue can build up at the busiest time in the morning. When you arrive book a time for breakfast for each of the days you'll be staying at the hotel - you can do this at the concierge desk.

The only essentials for a day in the park that I can think of are a camera and a bottle of water. A money saving tip is to fill up the bottle from the water fountains around the park so you don't have to buy the expensive bottled water in the restaurants. In general I prefer to carry as little as possible, usually a bumbag or a small backpack. It can rain in September (it can rain at anytime of year at DLP!) so ponchos can be useful. You can either take your own or buy them at the park, where they are readily available (although will be more expensive than your local shop).

Unfortunately there are no lockers at the parks. Actually there are lockers, but they are all locked as a result of security concerns in the 1990s when Paris was subject to a few terrorist bombs. I think it is unlikely that these lockers will be brought back into use anytime soon. We normally keep our bags with us on the rides - this isn't a problem, even on the big coasters like Space Mountain or the RocknRollercoaster.

You have lots of time available so you'll be able to ride every attraction, and make repeat visits to your favourites. My best tip is to make sure you get to the parks at (or slightly before) opening time as the first couple of hours of the day will have the shortest queues. We normally dash around like mad things first thing in the morning hitting all the major rides, then take it easy from mid-morning on, soaking up the wondeful atmosphere around the parks. I'm sure you'll discover what your personal 'must-dos' are, for me it's Space Mountain, Pirates and Phantom Manor. All wonderful examples of Disney at its best.

Regards

Rob

Thanks Rob
Info very useful. I'll post a report when we get back. Sorry for posting question twice - not very computer literate yet! :o

Hiya! Oooo I am so jealous of your trip!!!
I went to DLRP in September last year and teh weather wasperfect for me - cool, overcast a little with sunny spells - light jacket weather - bliss!

I agree that you shouldnt try and carry too much with you. I actually bought an Eeyorre backpack at the park and used that because it was ncie and squishy on my back during rides.

Must see rides for me are Space Mountain and Rock n Roller Coaster at the Studio - that is my all time favourite ride!!!

I too stayed at the Sequoia Lodge and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. A tip - if you arent keen on continental breakfasts, you can buy a cooked brekkie for a EUR 5.00 supplmenent - my boyfrend thought this was a good extra!

Anyway, enough ramb;ing on my part, I hope you have a fab trip and

I git the send button too quick!

What I meant to say was to have a great trip and I will look forward to the trip report!

Kirsty x

Hi! :wave: ,

Have a wonderful time - Disneyland Paris is great!

Originally posted by windsock

We are flying into CDG Terminal 1 - is it easy to get a taxi to DLRP?

There is a taxi rank outside of the terminal and we have found the drivers to be able to speak quite good English. Another option is to take the VEA Shuttle which goes direct to Disneyland Paris and drops off at all of the resort hotels (and normally drops of at your hotel second). IMO it is fairly overpriced, but is still cheaper than a taxi would cost you. I think it now picks up from all terminals (it didn't used to) but am not too sure. On your departure date visit the concierge for a timetable and they will advise you as to which time you should catch the shuttle, depending on the time of your flight. The concierge will also be able to make reservations for Buffalo Bill's and other extras you may wish to do.

Regarding restaurants, my three personal favourites are Walt’s on Main Street USA - Fantastic theming in little themed rooms, many of which overlook Main St. USA, and a lovely menu. Also, Auberge de Cendrillion (in Fantasyland near to the castle) - however it does get extremely busy here. Blue Lagoon is inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and serves delicious fresh seafood and has to have the BEST atmosphere out of all the restaurants at Disneyland Paris. Also, If you want a really nice table service meal with exceptional service and lovely views over The Disneyland Park, then visit California Grill inside the Disneyland Hotel - it is very expensive but really is stunning. A cheaper option is The Inventions buffet (one of our favourite’s) also situated in The Disneyland Hotel, next to California Grill on the first floor. The buffet is delicious and has a wide range of items – it is good value too.
Sorry to have rambled on – but food is one of my favourite subjects!

Have a great trip.

Richard. :)

Another vote for The Blue Lagoon. In how many other restaurants are you actually INSIDE a theme park attraction! It's great to sit in that Caribbean evening, with boats lazily drifting past you on their way to an encounter with fearsome pirates. Then you pay the bill and its back out into the Parisian sunlight. Amazing!!

Oh, and the food is pretty good too ;)

Regards

Rob

Thanks Rob, Kirsty and Richard. I knew when I found this site that DISers were nice people. :wave:
Carole

Thanks Rob, Kirsty and Richard. I knew when I found this site that DISers were nice people. :wave:
Carole

Tips
get a fast pass for Peter Pan they run out early afternoon & queues can be bad. Nearly an hour & half in October.

don't eat at pizza planet Terrible pizza. A good place to see toy story characters though.

If planning a burger type meal , eat at the Hyperion (spell?) Cafe which is near Space Mountain. You can combine eating & watching a show

Must ride Space Mountain,10 times better than the one at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter