DLR to Grand Canyon to Vegas--HELP!

BillyFan

The Billies are fans of ME
Please help me formulate my plan for me and DH, and tell me if this is going to work:

Saturday, Feb 9--Drive from Bay Area to DLR.
Sun-Wed--DLR
Thursday, Feb 14--Leave early for a drive to Grand Canyon. (How long will this take)
Friday--Grand Canyon, then leave late to drive to Vegas
Saturday--Wedding in Vegas
Sunday--Vegas
Monday--Drive home

So my question is (are): Is this enough time at at the GC? What is there to do there in the middle of winter? What kind of travel time am I looking at between DLR and GC and GC and Vegas? Am I crazy for trying to fit this all in a week?
Please help. I'm sure I'll have more questions coming up.

Anaheim to the Grand Canyon is just under 500 miles...a long drive in one day and there is the possibility of snow in February. Then its another almost 5 hours back to Las Vegas. I think I would just do DLR and Vegas and leave the Grand Canyon for another trip.

It's about 7 1/2 to 9 hours from DLR to the Grand Canyon (mostly depending upon traffic leaving). It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive from the GC to Vegas. It's 4 to 5 1/2 hours if you just go DLR to Vegas (again, the issue is traffic).

So you are adding about 8 hours of driving, to spend one day at the Grand Canyon. In February. When it's cold. Yeah, I say you're nuts. But people do crazier things.

If you fit it all in, be sure to post a trip report!

So when do you think the best time to visit the Grand Canyon is? And how much time do we need? I thought piggy-backing it on to the wedding was a good plan, but maybe not........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter