DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this discount? Can it be used on new reservations?
I believe it is only for existing reservations. I’m not sure what would happen if you made a reservation and then called to ask for the discount. This discount was discussed earlier in this super thread.

I hope they sell food and drinks, also.
The early photos looked like it was only merchandise, but we'll see what the DISer reports say.
ETA: @WonkaKid posted lots of photos today in the DTD Reopening Superthread on the DL Community Board. Looks like all merchandise, as other bloggers noted.

Last edited:

Reminder for everyone posting here: The title says it all. This Superthread is for official news and updates regarding the DLR reopening (DL, DCA, DTD, and hotels). All speculation about the reopening needs to go in the Disneyland Reopening Speculation Thread on the Disneyland Community Board.
This is not the thread to discuss politics/politicians or your opinions about them. Please keep your posts non-political and on topic. Thank you.

On site reservations cancelled through 10/24/20:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...shes-back-opening-for-theme-parks-and-hotels/
Does anyone have a DVC reservation that was cancelled for later dates?

posted in speculation thread too. Got the below email from Dvc this afternoon. I have a reservation at vg 11/17-11/18. I checked my dashboard and the reservations were still there at that time but will look again tomorrow. Now to call and have them figure out my points that are expiring 11/30. This is the first time I got an email like this for a Dvc cancellation.

Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,

The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort remain closed and will reopen at a later date. Due to the resort closure, your upcoming resort reservation has been automatically cancelled. Any Points used for your reservation will be returned in the manner they were used to book your stay.

Borrowed points used for your cancelled reservation will be returned to the use year they were borrowed from. For more information regarding the phased reopening and important travel information, please visit DisneyVacationClub.com.

We're very sorry for any disappointment this may cause but look forward to welcoming you and your family back home in the future.

Sincerely,

Disney Vacation Club

@KPeterso , I received two copies of the email you posted today. My Nov reservation remains on my dashboard ... I am guessing the message was from the Oct reservations cancelled by Disney last week. I wrote them back to suggest their communication specify which reservation was cancelled at least by check-in date. Sigh.

@KPeterso , I received two copies of the email you posted today. My Nov reservation remains on my dashboard ... I am guessing the message was from the Oct reservations cancelled by Disney last week. I wrote them back to suggest their communication specify which reservation was cancelled at least by check-in date. Sigh.

i got 2 emails too. And I also had a reservation last week for 10/22. A date or reservation number would have been really helpful. Kind of untimely yo send this week when they did the cancellation a week ago. As I said, I will just keep watching my dashboard. I do have 2 November reservations (11/17-11/18 and then 11/18-11/20j so I thought maybe I got 2 emails (one for each reservation). I may have time to call tomorrow since I do not have too many meetings for work.

On site reservations cancelled through 10/24/20:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...shes-back-opening-for-theme-parks-and-hotels/
Does anyone have a DVD reservation that was cancelled for later dates?

I had two different DVC reservations for Halloween week - 10/30 - 11/1 and 10/27 to 10/30 that I picked up a couple weeks ago. This morning, the earlier one was off the dashboard but 10/30 was still there. This afternoon we received two cancellation emails - I am presuming one for each. @KPeterso I am surprised they are cancelling all the way out to Nov 17.

Has anyone who had the 35% broad discount at GCH rescheduled to later in the year? Did they let you keep your discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter