DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, the cancellations are beyond 10/16. Today DVC cancelled my 10/22 arrival at the Grand Cal.

EDITED TO ADD: I later spotted your edit on Post #1. I see that you've already stated that DVC reservations beyond 10/16 are included in this week's round of cancellations. Thank you.

My 10/22 reservation was there this morning, but is now showing cancelled. Sigh. Another one cancelled. Really trying so hard to use up these last 2018 banked points before they expire 11/30.

My 10/22 reservation was there this morning, but is now showing cancelled. Sigh. Another one cancelled. Really trying so hard to use up these last 2018 banked points before they expire 11/30.
My Oct 24 is still on, life support I guess. As you know the issue with GC is it is impossible to rebook anything under 7 months. Looks like back to Aulani

DIS article on the release of theme park reopening guidelines for CA:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ue-theme-park-reopening-guidelines-this-week/And two OC Register articles

www.ocregister.com

California to issue theme park reopening guidelines this week, state officials say
California theme parks closed in mid-March amid the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. and remain shuttered while they await guidelines for safely reopening from the state.
www.ocregister.com
www.ocregister.com

I just spoke with member services regarding my upcoming reservation (check in date 30 Oct). She said VGC reservations are now cancelled through the 22nd of Oct. (and they do the cancellations a week at a time every Thurs). It looks like I will know on the 15th of Oct.

My Oct 24 is still on, life support I guess. As you know the issue with GC is it is impossible to rebook anything under 7 months. Looks like back to Aulani

I was in a similar situation, with an Oct 24th. I live in SoCal, and I've got some points that are expiring on Nov 30 (banked from previous year). So, it's use-it-or-lose-it. I watched the availability on the website like a hawk...every hour or so. We started with an overnight on Oct 16, then moved to Oct 24. Then, miraculously, a Nov 13 opened up this morning. May be easier for me, as I'm only searching for an overnighter.

I hope the Oct 24 reservation works out for you! I really want to see people breathe a sigh of relief with this all behind us.

I was in a similar situation, with an Oct 24th. I live in SoCal, and I've got some points that are expiring on Nov 30 (banked from previous year). So, it's use-it-or-lose-it. I watched the availability on the website like a hawk...every hour or so. We started with an overnight on Oct 16, then moved to Oct 24. Then, miraculously, a Nov 13 opened up this morning. May be easier for me, as I'm only searching for an overnighter.

I hope the Oct 24 reservation works out for you! I really want to see people breathe a sigh of relief with this all behind us.

You sound like me with expiring points on 11/30. Also local and just looking for a night somewhere to use them. I have booked in September and 2 dates in October so far to use these points. All cancelled. And I will keep watching to pick up another date. Good thing my boss is flexible about me taking a day or 2 if I can get a reservation. I also have 11/18-20 that I have had booked since last December with both banked and current points. I would try moving my other banked points but those are AKV points and I should not be allowed to use those on a home resort advantage reservation. I have been encouraged to call to try to re-allocate the points, but have not had time yet.

I just got an email from the Grand Legacy at The Park that they will be reopening on October 13.

For those going to DTD this weekend, please note that other posters/bloggers have said that the new scanners replace the "dog check," not the entire bag check process. You will still go through 1) temp check, 2) new scanners, 3) bag check & metal detectors. (See page 23 of this thread: Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!)

Reminder for everyone posting here: The title says it all. This Superthread is for official news and updates regarding the DLR reopening (DL, DCA, DTD, and hotels). All speculation about the reopening needs to go in the Disneyland Reopening Speculation Thread on the Disneyland Community Board.
This is not the thread to discuss politics/politicians or your opinions about them. Please keep your posts non-political and on topic. Thank you.

Posting DIS Guideline #5 as a reminder for everyone posting here and on this board in general. Please keep this in mind when posting in this thread, on the DLR boards, and on other DIS boards:
5. POLITICS/RELIGION
Because of the large number of complaints of personal attacks related to these subjects and inability for many people to keep a civilized conversation when discussing these hot-button topics, politics and religion will no longer be appropriate topics on our forums. Political or religion based posts or threads will be removed, and repeated violations of this rule can result in an infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter