DLR Mask Discussion Thread (Abide by the Guidelines!)

lcp9

DIS Veteran
Another WDW update which may or may not affect DLR: Walt Disney World Quietly Updates Age Requirement for Face Coverings.
Not pro or con, just giving the heads up.

Yikes. We could have done masks for my family if it was 3 and up - the rest of my kids would be ok but I'll have a barely 2 year old in November. For all I know he could still use a paci (my husband is a dentist and I'm a speech pathologist, no lectures about pacis please. haha.) I don't think I would feel comfortable putting one on him and I doubt he'd keep it on anyway. Dang it!

How ironic , perhaps Disney had a certain age in mind but the state/local government had a different opinion.

I wish I could remember where I saw this but I read it had something to do with that. Could be wrong but that was one of the reasons people were discussing.

Ironically the masks they sell are not intended for children under the age of 4.
View attachment 497839

That doesn't surprise me at all. I mean - common sense would indicate that any young children should be supervised really carefully if they've got something over their mouth and nose, but I assume with elastic straps these could somehow be strangulation hazards in addition to suffocation hazards. Like if a toddler fell asleep with a mask on his face in a hot stroller and his face is also kind of buried in the side of the stroller? Tricky stuff to navigate.

Ironically the masks they sell are not intended for children under the age of 4.
View attachment 497839

I don't think you have to purchase their masks - just that guests are required to comply. I haven't done any research on children's masks for under age 45 but hope everyone is finding them easily enought. It may be possible with the new mask guidelines at the parks that Disney will come out with their own design for smaller children (if they haven't already).

Last edited:
I honestly can’t see Disney kicking out entire families because their 2 year old won’t keep their mask on. A 2 year old is basically still a baby. It’s near impossible to expect a 2 year old to wear a mask all day long. That said, I’m not likely to take my 5 year old much less my baby (if masks are still required by the time he turns 2 this winter).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter