DLR/DCA on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday after Thanksgiving

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
This seems like really far in advance but it's never too early to start planning another DLR/DCA trip.

Well since Disney has cut down on AP pass days for SoCal AP, we can't even go on Sundays now in Dec so we're pushing our annual DLR/DCA trip to Nov. We usually also take this time to renew our passes and I think we can renew 45 days in advance. I think we should be good because our pass expires on Dec 21st.

I know that nobody has a crystal ball but I'm curious to know what people's past experience has been with crowds over Thanksgiving weekend, specifically Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I'd think that it would be slow because people are flying back home to get to work and/or going to the mall to do shopping.

Am I right in this assumption or is it one of those things where everybody thinks Super Bowl Sunday will be slow but instead, it's actually busy?

It is BA-nanas. You should be blocked out, so you won’t be able to use your pass that weekend, but renewal can only be done 40 days out and there is no more renewal discount anymore. Unless you have a pass or parking that is no longer sold and you are grandfathered in, it no longer makes sense to renew on time if you don’t go frequently. Better to wait until your next trip to renew it, rather than pay for time you won’t go.

I’m deluxe and I’m blocked out Saturday, I wouldn’t be surprised if SoCal was blocked out until Monday. Lots of schools don’t get the whole week off but do get Thur-Sunday

It is BA-nanas. You should be blocked out, so you won’t be able to use your pass that weekend, but renewal can only be done 40 days out and there is no more renewal discount anymore. Unless you have a pass or parking that is no longer sold and you are grandfathered in, it no longer makes sense to renew on time if you don’t go frequently. Better to wait until your next trip to renew it, rather than pay for time you won’t go.

I’m deluxe and I’m blocked out Saturday, I wouldn’t be surprised if SoCal was blocked out until Monday. Lots of schools don’t get the whole week off but do get Thur-Sunday

SoCal and Deluxe are both blocked Saturday, but are unblocked Sunday and Monday so OP is covered there.

Also it's only about 27 days between the weekend after Thanksgiving and December 21 so OP is fine there as well. Renewing would allow them a block out day exception for the blocked Saturday and as mentioned, Sunday and Monday are not blocked.

OP, honestly I would be surprised if it wasn't more than a little crazy. I usually make sure I'm leaving on Friday after Thanksgiving because I don't want to deal with the weekend after crowds when more passes are unblocked. But, and this is just an opinion, I would think it would be better than going closer to the holiday block out later on when more are trying to squeeze in those final visits before being totally blocked until we're into the new year.

We’ve actually been on that weekend many many times and it is actually bananas, majorly crowded, every single time.

Also, if OP has SoCal Select it is blocked out on Sunday. The SoCal pass (the one no longer sold) is only blocked Saturday.

This seems like really far in advance but it's never too early to start planning another DLR/DCA trip.

Well since Disney has cut down on AP pass days for SoCal AP, we can't even go on Sundays now in Dec so we're pushing our annual DLR/DCA trip to Nov. We usually also take this time to renew our passes and I think we can renew 45 days in advance. I think we should be good because our pass expires on Dec 21st.

I know that nobody has a crystal ball but I'm curious to know what people's past experience has been with crowds over Thanksgiving weekend, specifically Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I'd think that it would be slow because people are flying back home to get to work and/or going to the mall to do shopping.

Am I right in this assumption or is it one of those things where everybody thinks Super Bowl Sunday will be slow but instead, it's actually busy?
And Super Bowl Sunday actually did used to be slow! Once upon a time I took the kids every year while DH went to the family SB party. Then it seemed like one year word got out and BAM! crazy town!

We used to go on the Sunday and Monday after Thanksgiving and it was slow the few years that we went so I'm just curious about the Saturday but it sounds like it's going to be bananas busy.

So I guess that'll lead me to the next question. How is the Saturday, Sunday, and Monday leading into the Thanksgiving break? Is that even busier since all the kids will be off? If it is, it sounds like I would be better off taking my chances for the weekend after Thanksgiving.

We used to go on the Sunday and Monday after Thanksgiving and it was slow the few years that we went so I'm just curious about the Saturday but it sounds like it's going to be bananas busy.

So I guess that'll lead me to the next question. How is the Saturday, Sunday, and Monday leading into the Thanksgiving break? Is that even busier since all the kids will be off? If it is, it sounds like I would be better off taking my chances for the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Saturday before Thanksgiving is typically the best day of the week. Sunday and Monday will feel like peak days.

Saturday before Thanksgiving is typically the best day of the week. Sunday and Monday will feel like peak days.

^ Yup. Saturday is not unbearable but once Sunday hits, forget it. A lot of local schools get the whole week off, and that whole entire week is crazy.

Can I hop in this thread with an additional question? I realize the Sunday after Thanksgiving would be C R A Z Y but what if I was doing the day solo? Would I be able to enjoy bobbing and weaving through the crowds? It would be my first time at DL but I have done WDW many times.

Can I hop in this thread with an additional question? I realize the Sunday after Thanksgiving would be C R A Z Y but what if I was doing the day solo? Would I be able to enjoy bobbing and weaving through the crowds? It would be my first time at DL but I have done WDW many times.

You’ll have a good time with the right attitude even if it’s crowded! You can take advantage of single rider lines on a few things, and I would MaxPass everything else. I would go alone in a heartbeat!

That’s when we are going this year. The sat-Tuesday after thanksgiving. It was really slow the Sunday after thanksgiving this year and well as the following Monday/Tuesday.

That being said.. I’ve run across a lot of people deciding to go at this time this upcoming year so I’m not counting on the low crowds one bit. Will plan for the crazy..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter