DLP worth it if I am close to Anaheim?

MonkeyFace

Earning My Ears
We are going to Europe this summer, we have had annual passes to Anaheim in the past and last summer were in Florida and went to Disney World. We are not super duper into Disney in general so it isn't a must for us. Just wondering if it will be worth it having easy access to Anaheim. Also just for the sake of reference I personally enjoy Anaheim more than Orlando.

We are going to Europe this summer, we have had annual passes to Anaheim in the past and last summer were in Florida and went to Disney World. We are not super duper into Disney in general so it isn't a must for us. Just wondering if it will be worth it having easy access to Anaheim. Also just for the sake of reference I personally enjoy Anaheim more than Orlando.
Well, it really is up to you. If you aren't super duper into Disney, then do you want to sacrifice a day of visiting historic sites or other tourist attractions to do Disney? Will you regret not visiting an international park, or will you regret missing some other things in Paris or the surrounding areas?

For me, I did love it, but I am very into Disney. I loved how gorgeous the park was, with the castle and frontierland and adventureland being so detailed. They spent a lot of money on it during initial construction and it shows! Many of the rides there were some of my favorite versions - Big Thunder Mountain is amazing and their Pirates is great and shows the scenes in a different order than the US parks. I didn't get to ride Phantom Manor as it was being refurbished, but I've heard it is also spectacular. In the past they've had issues with maintenance or rude CMs, but since Disney took over primary ownership a couple years ago, that has gotten better. The other park guests are pretty horrible however, much worse than anything I've experienced in Anaheim or Orlando.

For reference - I live 45 minutes away from Anaheim and visit Disneyland a couple times per month. I also really enjoy WDW and have begun having 1-2 trips per year. And I really can't wait until I can go back to DLP, but that will probably not be for a while. I also am headed on a trip to Asia in a few months where I will visit the parks out there and am spending the majority of my trip in the theme parks, with only a few days for tourist things in Japan.

Depends on how much time you have, how much of a Disney lover you are, and will you have the chance to go to Paris again in the future.

If you are happy with Anaheim and go once in a while to have a fun day out, then no, then DLP is not a must. But if there is indeed the slightest chance of regret, and it is bigger than regret of not seeing something else in Paris, then go.

Eh I would be OK with not going, kind of hard to justify $300+ for a single day there when I could take that money and do something else with it. I'm sure it wouldn't be horrible but I'm not sure I would want to spend a full day there vs something else in Paris. We are only in Paris for two full days and two half days on our arrival and departure day.

Eh I would be OK with not going, kind of hard to justify $300+ for a single day there when I could take that money and do something else with it. I'm sure it wouldn't be horrible but I'm not sure I would want to spend a full day there vs something else in Paris. We are only in Paris for two full days and two half days on our arrival and departure day.

Then there you have your answer :) enjoy the city of Paris!

If you’re not all that in to it, you don’t have to. I personally love it and my dream is to go to every Disney park on one trip. I’m not as in to the historic sites (we will go to some, but Disney is our priority). Some people prefer historic sites over Disney and that’s just fine. If you’re ok being close to Anaheim and not doing DLP that’s just fine (unless someone in your family really wants to go, of course.) It’s pretty expensive anyway. Do what you want to do 😀😀

I love Disney (just ask my retirement account, which will never be as large as it could be due to all of the money we spend on Disney vacations every year.) All that said, if you aren't already well familiar with Paris, I would prioritize that over DLP. There is just so much to see and do in Paris; food to eat, wine to drink; culture to absorb. DLP is awesome, but not SO vastly different from the other parks that you would be missing out too much.

Of course, then again, I *am* heading to DLP with my kids in two weeks. We will spend time in Berlin, then three days in DLP, then two days in Paris for Bastille Day celebrations. They haven't been to Paris since they were babies - they are 9 now - and at this age they will appreciate the mix between Paris and DLP more than a week in Paris alone.

tl;dr: I am no help. :D

We are only in Paris for two full days and two half days on our arrival and departure day.
We had 4 and 1/2 days in Paris, and spent two days at DLP, 2 days in Paris, and a half day at Versailles. I'd think the thing to do is make a list of things you want to see in Paris and how much time they'd take and decide what things you'd like to do first. Maybe a day at Disney fits, and maybe it doesn't. We put going to Disney over going into the Louvre or going to Musée d'Orsay. Other people might put those first. Also, the gardens at Versailles were closed because we went in Winter, otherwise that might have taken a full day.

If you decide to do one day, I'd recommend just doing Disneyland. I don't think paying extra for a one day hopper is worth it.

We are big Disney people but didn't go to the parks on our first trip to Paris. However, we just returned from our second trip to Paris which we did JUST to go to DLP as we really wanted to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!