DLP Weather around late Jan early Feb

Bilboo

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Thinking of a return trip to DLP in late Jan or early Feb, anyone every been around this time of year who can give me an idea about the weather, don't fancy walking around in freezing rain all day!

Thanks in advance.

don't fancy walking around in freezing rain all day!

It that case it may not be the best time for you to go!! We usually visit in December and it can get REALLY cold, though we've only had to suffer a couple of wet days in total. I don't see why Jan/Feb should be much different - I guess it's the luck of the draw. I love going in the cold weather - wrapped up in hats, gloves, scarfs (and thermals!), stopping frequently for hot chocolate!! And the big bonus - less people!!

We have been twice in January and as with any time of year you have pros and cons.
Yes it is VERY cold and you may have the possibility of snow.
As Becky said wear thermals etc and stop for a warm drink frequently.
Invest in a hat-DH had two and the day he wore the one that didn't completely cover his ears he got an ear infection!
However it is a good idea to wear layers as it can get really hot when you are waiting to go on some rides and you may want to strip off abit-Pirates springs to mind!
It will still be busy if you visit at the weekend when the locals converge but if you can go midweek you will have no problems getting straight on the rides.
If you plan to go beginning of Feb check that the French schools are not on holiday as I believe that some do have a break around that time.
Hope that helps.

Hello,

We went in February this year and it was pretty cold. Hats, scarves and mittens on and even then we chose to go into a full service restaurant each day to get out of the cold!

Just a word of warning about the crowds - in February (and it was UK Half Term as well as French school holidays) it was very busy. The standby line for Peter Pan was over 2 hours at one point as an example. So if you can avoid this time!!

Karen

Thanks for the information guys!

Based on your comments and a bit of digging around the net I've done, I think we going to give Jan/Feb a miss and probably book again for next September.

Personally I don't mind cold so much (it's the rain that's a killer for me) but my Wife does, plus my son catches just about every bug going around so he's be a definite candidate for an ear infection if we went!

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter