DLP VIP tour guide tipping etiquette?

We have a 7 hour VIP tour planned for our upcoming DLP trip but weren't sure about tipping etiquette? I know that the EU doesn't have a tipping culture but wanted to check to see if anyone has any thoughts or experience on tipping our CM for this tour.

I've emailed DLP concierge team asking about the guidelines for tipping of the CM. I'll update this post when I hear back from them.

I received a response back from the DLP concierge team regarding tipping the CM tour guides.

"In reply to the tipping, please note that we are not allowed to receive tips as Disney Cast Members."

Simple answer, now only another 6 weeks until we leave.

I saw a VIP tour at some of our past trips. The Cast Member took them to an extra waiting zone to watch the parade. There the family who booked the VIP tour gave the Cast Member some money (tips) and he take it.

Why not....if he/she is nice and everything is ok for you I would give him a tip. Official they are not allowed to take it but we are all humans. :goodvibes

Perhaps you can make a "thank you" card for that situation.:wizard:

I America they have the "three time rules": CM working in non tipped positions (i.e. waiters and bell services are in a tipped position because they do most of their pay with tips, housekeeping aren't) are obliged to refuse 3 times a tip. If you presevere they can take it.
Not sure if it applies to DLP CM or not.

I America they have the "three time rules": CM working in non tipped positions (i.e. waiters and bell services are in a tipped position because they do most of their pay with tips, housekeeping aren't) are obliged to refuse 3 times a tip. If you presevere they can take it.
Not sure if it applies to DLP CM or not.

I certainly like this idea. My expectations for what we'll receive for this tour is high which I have little doubt that Disney will be able to provide. I think we'll insist on tipping and report back here with our results.

I certainly like this idea. My expectations for what we'll receive for this tour is high which I have little doubt that Disney will be able to provide. I think we'll insist on tipping and report back here with our results.
Hi Rebel, we just had our tour last week with Julien, I read your post before we left and so we didnt tip at the end. I dont think he expected one. When our time expired he quickly left and there was no "awkward" moment where he lingered waiting to see if one was going to be given. Having said that, after coming back and reading the most recent posts, I dont think you'd be out of line to offer if you wish at the end. They will either accept it or not. But, my experience was that our guide definitely didnt appear to expect one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter