DLP to CDG early in the morning -- suggestions?

citivas

Mouseketeer
Our flight out is at 9:25am -- it was the only non-stop option to our home airport all day.

Anyway, given everything I've read about how the airport and airline want you there 3 hours early, and the poor security check process at Terminal 1 at CDG, etc., it appears the first train of the day and first Magical bus would both be cutting it too close.

Which only leaves a cab or private shuttle.

Anyone have recommendations for the latter? Or want to suggest from experience the 3 hour thing is way overkill and we could still take the 6:52 train or 7am bus?

Thanks.

I’ve been looking at EZShuttle. Read about them on these boards. Good reviews and seemed reasonably priced.

Last edited:
I've used EZShuttle and they were excellent. The good thing is, so early in the morning, the roads will be pretty empty and your car will get you there quickly.
Personally I wouldn't take the chance with cutting it too fine in terms of time, I'd recommend just getting a private shuttle. CDG is a big airport and can often take a long time. Of course you might have a straightforward check in, but I'd always have the extra airport time rather than risk it.

Based on my experience in September, I would strongly suggest not taking the 7 am Magical Shuttle. That 7 am is the pick up at the resort and there will be other stops after that. It was just after 8:30 when we arrived at CDG, and there were people on my bus that scrambled to make their flights at terminal 3 (the shuttle drop off point). It is approximately a 15 minute walk to terminal 1 from terminal 3, and that is assuming you can get your luggage up an escalator and not stand in the massive queue for the elevator. Depending on your airline ticket type you might get a passport and security 'fast pass' which is wonderful, otherwise based on what I was seeing plan to spend at 2 hours at passport control and security.

Not knowing what type of electronics you are packing, I suggest packing your carry on so that all electronics are easily accessible. You will need to put them all in a bin by themselves, and remove any cameras from their protective carry case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter