DLP Newbie - lots of ???

scrappinmom

WDW, DL & DLP - up next ???
Hi all - We have been to WDW & DL multiple times. This will be our first trip to Paris. I haven't booked anything just yet....but I'm very close. I have read the pinned post & still have a few questions. For reference I am looking at a 10 day total trip -exclusive of travel days. It is myself (52), my oldest dd (23) and my youngest dd (18). A little medical background: oldest dd is celiac & youngest was just diagnosed with Ankolosing Spondilits (which means even by june she may need a mobility aid depending on the effectiveness of her treatment). ok - got all that?

I am looking to fly into CGD & spend the first 7 days of the trip in Paris. Then moving to DLP for the last 3 nights. So far it looks like we will be arriving at CDG the morning of the 27th and flying out of late afternoon on the 6th. So I am looking for a hotel at Disney for June 3,4,5. Is there such a thing as a DLP crowd calendar? Hotel recommendations (as budget as possible) for 3 adults. Planning 3 park days - one in each park & then one to hit favorites of both parks.

My understanding is in order for my daughters disability to be recognized by the park and she be issued a disability pass is that we need some sort of documentation from her dr? So vastly different than the US with the ADA guidelines. She will most likely be in a wheelchair for the park days, will we need a letter still? Does the DLP disability access pass work like it's US counterpart?

Fast Passes: work like the old paper fastpasses at WDW? We would send a "runner" & can obtain one at a time?

Dining: we are big fans of the DDP at WDW, same concept for half-board & full board? Full board sounds like too much to me. We would typically eat 1 counter service & 1 sit down a day at the US parks, mixed in with a few mickey bars.

I did try asking my # of days question at Trip Advisor...but you can guess what most people told me? Don't waste your time at DLP - lol - ummm no, that's the one part of this trip that's non-negotiable

Thanks all for your help

Hi all - We have been to WDW & DL multiple times. This will be our first trip to Paris. I haven't booked anything just yet....but I'm very close. I have read the pinned post & still have a few questions. For reference I am looking at a 10 day total trip -exclusive of travel days. It is myself (52), my oldest dd (23) and my youngest dd (18). A little medical background: oldest dd is celiac & youngest was just diagnosed with Ankolosing Spondilits (which means even by june she may need a mobility aid depending on the effectiveness of her treatment). ok - got all that?

I am looking to fly into CGD & spend the first 7 days of the trip in Paris. Then moving to DLP for the last 3 nights. So far it looks like we will be arriving at CDG the morning of the 27th and flying out of late afternoon on the 6th. So I am looking for a hotel at Disney for June 3,4,5. Is there such a thing as a DLP crowd calendar? Hotel recommendations (as budget as possible) for 3 adults. Planning 3 park days - one in each park & then one to hit favorites of both parks.

My understanding is in order for my daughters disability to be recognized by the park and she be issued a disability pass is that we need some sort of documentation from her dr? So vastly different than the US with the ADA guidelines. She will most likely be in a wheelchair for the park days, will we need a letter still? Does the DLP disability access pass work like it's US counterpart?

Fast Passes: work like the old paper fastpasses at WDW? We would send a "runner" & can obtain one at a time?

Dining: we are big fans of the DDP at WDW, same concept for half-board & full board? Full board sounds like too much to me. We would typically eat 1 counter service & 1 sit down a day at the US parks, mixed in with a few mickey bars.

I did try asking my # of days question at Trip Advisor...but you can guess what most people told me? Don't waste your time at DLP - lol - ummm no, that's the one part of this trip that's non-negotiable

Thanks all for your help

I can't really help with most of your questions, because I haven't been in a long time.

I have only stayed at the Disney hotels but I did Hotel Cheyenne as a child and loved it, I did Sequoia Lodge as a teen and I liked that a lot too and I'm about to stay at Santa Fe. I personally liked the cheaper end of the Disney hotels for fun factor a bit like the Allstars and AoA. Also they are all nice and close and all have buses to the parks too. If I remember right aside from the Disneyland Hotel, the New York one was the next closest.

Just something to note for your trip dates: (aside from the end of May/first couple of days of June being a weeks holiday for I think a lot of UK children) Disneyland is holding a Fan Daze event this year for the first weekend of June.

http://fandaze.disneylandparis.co.uk/

It looks amazing but timing and budget didn't work out for me although I'm still hopping to make it happen. As it's the first one I have no idea how that will impact your trip days.

Edit:-

This thread might help with some of your questions
https://www.disboards.com/threads/dlp-help-planning.3654276/

Last edited:
She will still need a letter, the wheelchair won't do.

There's two different cards in Paris for disabilities, the orange card and the green card. If you have a doctor's letter only they are usually trying to give you the orange card. You best are prepared to stand your ground that your daughter's illness is not temporary, that's what the orange card was meant for originally, and you need the green one. Ankolosing Spondilitis is a type of arthritis, correct? They may try to give you orange still because this one mentions "difficulties standing."

Orange passes give you a return time.

Green passes get you into the Fastpass queue respectively you are taken in through the exit - that info may be outdated, they have been refusing me the Green Card I had for years since last year because I do not have an officially recognized disability yet and can only provide a doctor's note.

Fast Pass is the old paper Fastpass concept, yes.

The Dining Plan... I can't say too much about that, for us it was never worth the money. Full board is definitely too much for your requirements, I agree. But even with half board you'd very often be off better paying out of pocket.

I wouldn't say Disneyland Paris is not worth the money. But for someone who is only used to the US parks certain things will come as a surprise or even a shock. I can see people being really put off by the differences. If you are prepared to accept or even embrace those differences you'll be okay.

So I am looking for a hotel at Disney for June 3,4,5. Is there such a thing as a DLP crowd calendar?
No crowd calendars for Disneyland Paris as far as I know.

Hotel recommendations (as budget as possible) for 3 adults. Planning 3 park days - one in each park & then one to hit favorites of both parks.

Budget onsite hotels are Santa Fe and Cheyenne These have access to the early opening and are walkable to the parks, 20 minutes but it is doable. They also have regular free shuttle buses

Budget off site are the partner hotels = Hotel Kraid, Explorers, Magic Circus, Dream Castle and B and B Hotel. These hotels are located at the edge of Disney property and are not walkable. They have a regular free shuttle bus. They do not have access to the early opening.

some things you need to know about Disneyland Paris which are different to the American Parks

1. You dont have to book using the website for your country. Disneyland Paris has different deals and offers on the different country websites. Most of us regulars would advise AGAINST booking with the American site as it is by far the most expensive
  2. The other country websites to check are
  3. http://www.disneylandparis.ie/
    http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk
    http://www.disneylandparis.fr
    http://www.disneylandparis.de
    http://www.disneylandparis.it
    http://www.disneylandparis.be
    http://www.disneylandparis.nl
  4. Disneyland Paris does not mail anything in the post. You get a confirmation email which you bring with you to checkin
  5. When you book direct with Disneyland Paris you are booking a hotel and park hopper tickets package
  6. Your park tickets are valid for both arrival day and departure day
  7. You can book direct with Disney through any of the websites. When you book through the website you will pay the full amount at the time of booking
  8. You can also book direct with Disney by phone. To call Disneyland Paris and not have to pay the international phone charges, just call the regular phone number for Walt Disney World in Florida and ask to be transferred to Disneyland Paris.
  9. When you book direct with Disney by phone you pay a 15% deposit and the balance is payable 30 or 60 days before arrivial, I cant remember which
  10. When you have booked you will get a confirmation email with your itinerary, you will need this email to check in
  11. Once you have your confirmation number you need to go to the website / country you booked with, not the country you live in. You will need to create a new MY DISNEY ACCOUNT on that website
  12. When you log in to your new My Disney Account you will see your itinerary. If you have a balance to pay you will see an online payment form.
  13. To pay your balance you can either phone again or pay online
Yes , the paper fast passes which you get at the fast pass machine located beside each ride. Disneyland Paris has far less Fast Pass attractions
Main Park
Big Thunder Mountain
Indiana Jones Rollercoaster
Peter Pan
Star Tours
Buzz Light Year
Studios
Fly Carpets
Ratatouille
RocknRoller Coaster
Tower of Terror

I have never done the dining plan at Disneyland Paris and advise against it. I always pay out of pocket and do the same as you, 1 counter service and 1 sit down. They really push the dining plan at Disneyland Paris though so just be warned you will get the hard sell. The vouchers in Disneyland Paris are not valid in the non Disney restaurants in Disney Village such as Earl of Sandwich, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Vapino, Starbucks, McDonalds.

Alot of trip reports I have read, many people dont use all their vouchers or feel they HAVE to eat at certain restaurants just because they have the vouchers.

That is because alot of Americans go to Disneyland Paris expecting it to be like the American parks and they get disappointed and angry when they find it is not. I call it Frenchified Disney, an American style theme park with the cultural and social and behaviour aspects of France and central Europe. It has its own unique character and atmosphere but there are things which those who are used to the American parks may not like, such as a difference in the general up keep and maintenance, and the CM's are not the same happy smiley have a nice day exaggerated Disney CM's you find in the American parks

Thank you everyone for such great information.

I looked at Dream Castle & I think that might be our choice! The disability pass may be challenging but we will bring a letter from the dr and see what happens. Dining plan sounds like a definite no so thats good to know as well.

Off to plan!

You dont have to book using the website for your country. Disneyland Paris has different deals and offers on the different country websites. Most of us regulars would advise AGAINST booking with the American site as it is by far the most expensive

I know you're trying to help but this is a pretty broad statement that is completely untrue for certain dates. I'm considering a trip for late August with the extra two night promotion and I got the following quotes:
US $1463
UK £1,124.00=$1,583.53
FR 2211,00 €=$2733.23 (2 nights free wasn't offered)

I agree in the past the US site has been higher but not lately. I don't know if they're trying to get more Americans to visit or what but I have found the US site to be lower for about 6 months. Last time I visited I booked on the UK site and saved hundreds of dollars but not any more.

Currently looking at the USA site and finding better offers than the others for June... Sometimes hard to quantify a half board offer against those offering nights and park tickets instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter