DLP May 2019

Baduist

Mouseketeer
Were about to book DLP Disneyland hotel for about a week on April 28.

Currently the website offers free half board + 25% off for those dates.

Two thoughts I’d love some opinions on:

1. I’m guessing it’s not gonna be crowded on these dates, right?

May 1st is French Labour Day, not sure if it’s a day off, but if it is I guess we can live with one crowded day.

2. Weather should be ok, right?:) I’m guessing a bit chilly but nothing crazy right?

We’re going with our toddler and baby.

Anything else to consider regarding dates? We’re very flexible.

I wonder if the 25% discount indicates these are good dates in terms of not being crowded, or will it attract more people due to the discount?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

1. It is Spring break for several European countries, including France-Paris region, and of April, first week(s) of May. Paris is off till May 5thYes, there will be crowds that week. I wouldn't say Christmas Crazy, but busy, definitely.

But with staying onsite and a week of should be fine to have a good look at DLP.

2. But the weather will be lovely :) .

Last edited:
Thanks! Do you think it would be better to push it back about a week? What are good dates in May?

2nd week might have a slight rise in normal crowds as some countries have the 2nd week off, but France is back in school by then. 3rd and 4th week should be good. Thursday May 30th is again a holiday for a lot of countries this year, so people take the Friday off as well, so then you might run into crowds again. So during the week, avoiding weekends, the park should be 'quiet' ;-)

All schools in England (and think rest of UK) are off the last week in May so that week could be busy as well.

Does any one have a guestimation what would be the difference in avg. wait times between week 1 & week 3 of May?

Can’t help with wait times but I would definitely recommend second or third week of May. Weather will be pleasant but it could rain the whole time (just be prepared). I would expect most queues to be under an hour and hopefully many under 30mins, but I think they just reduce staff in quiet times so you don’t necessarily get shorter queues in quieter seasons.

The 25% discount is no indication of crowds etc. Disneyland Paris always have an offer to entice people, very rarely will you pay rate rack. Often it is a % off or free half board. The 25% offer is basically valid all year if you book by a specific date.

We visited in the first week of May a few years back, not realising it was a holiday in France. It was very busy, however having been several times previously it didn't impact us too much. If you can go anytime, I'd definitely wait until the holiday is over and choose midweek rather than weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!