DLP - Magic Bands

They just started with "Magic Pass". It's a RFID card and holds your park ticket, plus can be activated for room charging. You still get a separate room key. I found it much easier to use the Magic Pass card for charging for things, because when you use American cc's, they require a signature, while the MP will just need a pin code (like the European CC's), so it was faster and less of a hassle than the CM tracking down a pen and printing out a receipt and such.

I used a lanyard with ticket holder and it was so helpful (I'm not even really a lanyard person at the US parks). It made it easier to keep all the paper things, like Magic Pass, fastpasses, room key, and dining reservation slips (those aren't required to check in but helped me keep on top of the times), rather than having to constantly go back into my bag or wallet and have things fall out.

Edit: I was at Sequoia Lodge and they said they got them a week before I arrived (so beginning of June). I think by now all the on-site hotels should have them.

They just started with "Magic Pass". It's a RFID card and holds your park ticket, plus can be activated for room charging. You still get a separate room key. I found it much easier to use the Magic Pass card for charging for things, because when you use American cc's, they require a signature, while the MP will just need a pin code (like the European CC's), so it was faster and less of a hassle than the CM tracking down a pen and printing out a receipt and such.

I used a lanyard with ticket holder and it was so helpful (I'm not even really a lanyard person at the US parks). It made it easier to keep all the paper things, like Magic Pass, fastpasses, room key, and dining reservation slips (those aren't required to check in but helped me keep on top of the times), rather than having to constantly go back into my bag or wallet and have things fall out.

Edit: I was at Sequoia Lodge and they said they got them a week before I arrived (so beginning of June). I think by now all the on-site hotels should have them.

Thanks for posting this info. This is very helpful for my first trip to DLP.

Not the OP, but I'll be staying at Sequoia Lodge next month, so I'm wondering - will the Magic Pass automatically be activated to allow for room charges or is this something you can choose to put on your room key instead?

Thanks for posting this info. This is very helpful for my first trip to DLP.

Not the OP, but I'll be staying at Sequoia Lodge next month, so I'm wondering - will the Magic Pass automatically be activated to allow for room charges or is this something you can choose to put on your room key instead?
You can choose to activate it. Originally mine wasn’t set up for charging, so when I went back to the hotel I went to the front desk and they set it up. I don’t know if every card will get activated then, or just that one, because I was a solo guest.

You can choose to activate it. Originally mine wasn’t set up for charging, so when I went back to the hotel I went to the front desk and they set it up. I don’t know if every card will get activated then, or just that one, because I was a solo guest.

Thanks so much! I'll check with them.

Am I correct in assuming that it's the same for Golden Forest Rooms?

We’re in a golden forest room just now. The magic pass hold everything, it’s our room key, dining reservations, and hotel charge card all they need is the last 4 digits of a credit card on the form when you check in. It’s so much easier. I have he cards and my shareholder card and green pass all in my lanyard. So much more handy.

Thanks so much! I'll check with them.

Am I correct in assuming that it's the same for Golden Forest Rooms?
Yep. It’s also the card you show to get access to the lounge.

I could be wrong, but I was also wondering if the cards are a different color for “club level” guests. Mine was a yellow background with blue castle; everyone else I saw at GF lounge had the same one. Then other places I saw people with blue backgrounds and yellow castle. Can anyone else confirm or refute this?

We’re in a golden forest room just now. The magic pass hold everything, it’s our room key, dining reservations, and hotel charge card all they need is the last 4 digits of a credit card on the form when you check in. It’s so much easier. I have he cards and my shareholder card and green pass all in my lanyard. So much more handy.

That's definitely convenient. Thanks for posting!:)

Yep. It’s also the card you show to get access to the lounge.

I could be wrong, but I was also wondering if the cards are a different color for “club level” guests. Mine was a yellow background with blue castle; everyone else I saw at GF lounge had the same one. Then other places I saw people with blue backgrounds and yellow castle. Can anyone else confirm or refute this?

Great!

It would make it easier for club level guest to have a different colour card. Most places do differentiate so that checking for access is quick.

Hi,
Do you get a magic pass per person per room. Just wondering in case we want to go do our own things

Hi,
Do you get a magic pass per person per room. Just wondering in case we want to go do our own things
Yes-they act as your park tickets. Each has the persons name printed on the back. I do not know if you need to activate each one individually for charging back to the room, so that is something you’d need to verify during check-in.

Yes-they act as your park tickets. Each has the persons name printed on the back. I do not know if you need to activate each one individually for charging back to the room, so that is something you’d need to verify during check-in.

Great, thanks Lesley!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!