DLP in September - help needed

sjorge

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I am a Portuguese lady going to DLP in September on a "girls' trip" - with mum and daughter :) an appreciation to mum for all good things she has done to us. It will be me (35), my mom (63) and my kid (4).

I have been to DLP twice in the past (once a long long time ago - I think I was 13 at the time, and a more recent one - in 2011, but I was on a short budget then).

This time we will stay in Disney Santa Fe for 3 days (2 nights), with breakfast included and the Aubergeon breakfast too (2nd round at 9:45 I think).

Any comments/recommendations on meal plans and must sees would be greatly appreciated.

In addition, I would like to get your advice on the following:

* we will land in Paris - Orly on the 25th of September, whereas we only have the DLP hotel booked from September 26th to September 28th. Any recommendations on where to stay/how to go to DLP? We land pretty early (8:00) and wanted to move around a bit in Paris, but didn't want to pay a lot for the night - we were wondering if staying in one of the hotels in Marne la Valle would be feasible (getting the train from Gare de Lyon later in the afternoon, booking a low rate hotel in the area just for sleeping and having a shower) and going early to DLP? do you have any recommendations?

* Is it safe to move around in public transportations at around 21:00? Or would it be better to have a cab?

Thank you in advance for your time!

I am not that experienced with Orly, but maybe this website will help you: https://www.welcomepickups.com/paris/orly-airport-to-city/

For meal plans, look at the value and have a look at the menus, try to make a guess / estimate on how much you would spend on meals and which meal plan is a good deal. For certain families, the meal plans are not a good deal, so declining is not unusual.

For hotels in Paris, I would look at which attractions/landmarks you would like to see and then use a site like hotels.com/booking.com/expedia.com to find a hotel in the area that is within your budget. Your other plan is also possible. From Gare du Lyon it's about 40 - 50 minutes to Disneyland Paris, and then about 10 minutes on the bus to get to the partner hotels.

Paris doesn't go to sleep till late, 21:00 hours is still time to have dinner for certain people, so taking the subway around that time, is not an issue. Just keep common sense in mind, don;t go into parks alone at night etc. stay in sight of other people and act like you would at home at that time of night.

I recently stayed at the Hotel Elysee Gare de Lyon, which was very convenient to the Gare de Lyon, and reasonably priced (for Paris). You may want to consider staying in that area so you have more time in Paris, and then you can hop on the RER at Gare de Lyon in the morning on the 26th to head to DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter