DLP help planning!!

california37

Mouseketeer
Hi all

We’ve not been to DLP in 3 years-but we are WDW regulars!
we have a trip booked Feb 2018-3 nights on half board meal plan!
this time we are trying sequoia in a Montana room. 1st time at sequoia! Our party includes our 1 year old ds, 8 yo dd and 4 yo dd... we also have my in laws coming... my father in law has a number of health issues and has difficulty walking long distances and in America we hire an ecv. Do they rent them at dlp? Also if we got one would he be eligible for a disability pass? If they do rent any ideas on cost?! And could it be taken from the park to hotel and back?

We have yet to book dining options although we have a character breakfast booked in the park. Anyone give me the number from the uk to contact as I’m struggling to find the number! Any recommendations? Especially with the meal plan as we’ve never had it before!

I’m hoping it will be quieter in the park (staying thurs 8-sun11th) so any tips to help park plan would be appreciated! Do parks still have emh? Was thinking of going into the park pre opening to get crush with my eldest!!

Anyone know of the park hours opening times?

Final question... we don’t know how much money to take- any suggestions? We also have the €100 gift card deal and about €200 already- will that be enough??

Thanks in advance and merry Christmas/happy new year!!

Hard to say how much money to take with you but there an atm in the middle of downtown Disney that we used to get euros from when needed. You will pay a small fee but get the best rate you can for the most part plus very convenient and we found safe. You can call the regular Disney line and have them transfer you to the uk line. Saves toll charges.

I'll offer a few ideas here - hope it helps. This is based on the one experience I have had at DLP, in early December 2017.

In terms of restaurant recommendations, check out threads in this forum, they are super helpful (I searched for the restaurant name and it brings up threads of people talking about all the ones I was interested in). We really enjoyed our experience at Walt's, fantastic service and ambiance, food was top rate. Yes it's expensive, but we felt it was worth it for a very special occasion. We did not have the dining plan, but my understanding is that Walt's would be a slight upcharge. If you can, book two smaller tables and request a window view - timing your reservation right, you may be able to see a parade! Truly magical.

Just about every quick service outlet gets VERY crowded at lunch. We saved time one day by eating at Five Guys in the village area--no line in there!

We used EHM every day, usually were one of the first few families in line, and found it to be a great help. Be aware there are multiple seating times for breakfast at your hotel, so make sure you get the early time. For both parks, only limited attractions are open. At DLP, there are a few Fantasyland attractions are open. My recommendation would be: Meet Mickey Mouse or Princesses first, then ride Peter Pan (the 20 minute wait during EHM will be much better than a longer wait later), and if time, ride Dumbo, the Carousel, or other attractions that may open. At Studios, we were able to ride Crush, Ratoutille, and Rockin Roller Coaster - well worth being there. When we were there in December, they did not open other lands/attractions early, but that may depend on the day. Also, it was rather cold when we were there, and many rides were down in mornings due to the cold weather (according to cast members). Just be aware and flexible!

We found Saturday to be quite crowded on our December weekend. Huge difference from Thursday and Friday, even Sunday seemed a little better.

We LOVED not having to have everything planned like pre-selection FPs in WDW. This could also be that it was a trip for just our small family (DH and I), but the flexibility to wander and enjoy was lovely. I can't wait to go back!

I would suggest looking on dlpguide for the choice of restaurants for your meal plan. This will be half board plus as you are staying at the Sequoia Lodge. Walts isn't one of them, but there are some very good buffets, particularly Hunters Grill at your hotel and Chez Remy in the Studios is excellent. This is the number to contact:Call +33 01 60 30 40 50
ECV's are much less popular in Paris, I don't know where you could hire one from, but concierge at the hotel or City Hall in the park may be able to help.
The new EMH is called extra magic time and is available in both parks from 8.30 to 9.30 am. In the main park fantasyland has some rides and the princess pavilion open, in the studios it is Crush, ratatouille and RnR, all worth doing early. The regular park hours are 10 am to 8 pm in the park and 10 am to 7.30 pm in the studios. On Saturday the park is open till 9 pm. I imagine Thursday and Friday will be quietish, but Saturday and Sunday will be busy for the start of the UK half term.
Fast Passes are available, but use the old paper system.
Hope this helps

Thanks for your responses! We’ve so far booked chez remy for the sat night as we decided we liked it there last time! And we too think sat will be busier. We would have booked the sliver spur as well but they close at 4:30 bit early for our tea! Any other must do recommendations are welcome! We love Walt’s but it isn’t on our meal plan and there’s not enough to satisfy our party for Captain jacks )even though from memory the resteraunt atmosphere is amazing!)

I’m glad the parks still have emh so we can try to get some main attractions done then... I’m pretty certain crush is available in Studios!

Does anyone know if the star wars stuff is at park closing in studios? The projection onto the tower of terror?! I can’t find any specific times for this!

Also as we are staying at sequoia and we are not familiar with it-any recommendations for room placement? We have a Montana room in the main building but we have no idea as to the size of it and wondered if there was a good room to ask for? Eg what floor is better/quieter (to make sure babies sleep!) or near facilities (if it matters) would be awesome for pixie dust to upgrade us but I don’t expect it!!

Thanks for all of your help so far :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!