DLP - Do you speak English? Parlez Vous Anglais? - Wrapped up 9/30

it was also our anniversary so I thought a meal with out characters would be nice.
I don't think that's an unreasonable request šŸ˜‚

The service overall was fine, and overall experience was average. Would I eat here again, that's a big I don't know, I wouldn't say it was a bad meal, and the theming was so great, but I am not in a rush to go back either.
Hm good to hear your thoughts! This is currently on our must-do list. We'll probably still do it but maybe lower expectations for the food and focus on theme.

This was the first of many times DD1 tried to make friends in line, but the kids did not speak English she was crushed!
Aw poor kiddo!!

Hm good to hear your thoughts! This is currently on our must-do list. We'll probably still do it but maybe lower expectations for the food and focus on theme.

I would still do it (when is your trip, did you make a reservation yet? You can do it online! No worries on the Dutch site). The food wasnā€™t bad but it didnā€™t do anything for me either. Overall Paris is where youā€™ll get your amazing food! DLP just go for average and youā€™ll be fine!

Aw poor kiddo!!
Yeah I felt for her!

when is your trip, did you make a reservation yet? You can do it online! No worries on the Dutch site
Our trip is early September and we actually just got an email from our travel agent that our window for booking opens up in a couple weeks! So I'm currently very invested in all things table service at DLP hahaha

Our trip is early September and we actually just got an email from our travel agent that our window for booking opens up in a couple weeks! So I'm currently very invested in all things table service at DLP hahaha
This is not accurate!

You can book about 90 days out now online via Dutch site, just translate to English. It used to be 60 days via phone only. Booking is open all the way till Sept 30th on the site!

Here is the site https://www.disneylandparis.com/nl-nl/restaurants/

Confirm will be in Dutch but we had no problems and when we arrived the golden forest room concierge gave us print outs of our confirmations of our reservations.

This is not accurate!

You can book about 90 days out now online via Dutch site, just translate to English. It used to be 60 days via phone only. Booking is open all the way till Sept 30th on the site!

Here is the site https://www.disneylandparis.com/nl-nl/restaurants/

Confirm will be in Dutch but we had no problems and when we arrived the golden forest room concierge gave us print outs of our confirmations of our reservations.
Oh good to know! So now I really need to get moving on choosing our TS meals!

Oh good to know! So now I really need to get moving on choosing our TS meals!
You can always modify!

I highly recommend Innoventions if your doing any character dining. The food was great and characters were fun too! Good mix and some I havenā€™t met before Pinocchio and Geppetto!

You can always modify!

I highly recommend Innoventions if your doing any character dining. The food was great and characters were fun too! Good mix and some I havenā€™t met before Pinocchio and Geppetto!
Oh cool! DH is not a fan of character meals so we'll see if I can convince him to let me add some to the list :P

What a great first day!! You got a lot done so thats awesome. I've heard the food isn't the best at DLP so your meal at Remys sounds dead on.

Love the picture of the food with the hand! hahaha

Sorry your anniversary dinner was a bit of a bust food wise, but the restaurant looks absolutely adorable. Of course the irony that a restaurant named after a mouse that is supposed to be a great french chef is not lost on me.

So glad you all got to experience the Ratatouille ride though. I'm so excited for this in WDW! As you can imagine its one of our favorites.

The food was mediocre to good at best, nothing was bad, I had fish and it was fine, but it wasnā€™t anything special. It wasnā€™t bad per say. DH had the steak and he said the flavor (sauce) was good but the actual meat was not. DD1 had spaghetti she was covered in it, all meals came with Ratatouille.
Yeah, same here. Not memorably horrible or wonderful. But the theming was top notch!
We did get some family shots on the way out as well! Some Selfie style some the waitress took for us

I like how your youngest daughter totally gets the Selfies! Adorable!
We checked out some Toy Story theming and it was great, but I have heard WDW is better so I am really excited to check that out in August!

Yeah, if you liked DLP's Toy Story Land then you will LOVE DHS's version!

Have you mentioned to DD1 about Ratatouille coming to Epcot? I'm sure that will make her excited!

Sounds like a fun albeit damp first day.

Too funny that DD1 was bummed she couldn't make line friends because they didn't speak English. My girls tend to pick up friends wherever they go, so they would be similarly disappointed.

Too funny that DD1 was bummed she couldn't make line friends because they didn't speak English. My girls tend to pick up friends wherever they go, so they would be similarly disappointed.
Could be really hit or miss, when I was a kid, we went camping in France often. The other kids only spoke French, I only spoke Dutch, but that didn't stop us from inventing games without words and just by gestures to figure out what the other meant. If your child is outgoing and the kid in line is shy and introverted, it might not just be a language issue why the others don't want to play.

Oh cool! DH is not a fan of character meals so we'll see if I can convince him to let me add some to the list :P

Let me know what you decide

Let me know what you decided! I am sure either way you will have fabulous food in Paris, and some memorable meals in DLP!

What a great first day!! You got a lot done so thats awesome. I've heard the food isn't the best at DLP so your meal at Remys sounds dead on.

Love the picture of the food with the hand! hahaha

Overall i loved this first day!

Pretty sure this is the best food pics your going to get this trip as well! Yeah the food over all was just ok, luckily we were prepared. But i find it so odd, Paris has great food, and so does WDW but i guess the food is low on the priority list for improvements.

So glad you all got to experience the Ratatouille ride though. I'm so excited for this in WDW! As you can imagine its one of our favorites.

I am very excited to check it out when it opens at Epcot! I worry we will be riding it A LOT

I like how your youngest daughter totally gets the Selfies! Adorable!

Oh yeah my kids have better Selfie game then i do!

Yeah, if you liked DLP's Toy Story Land then you will LOVE DHS's version!

Have you mentioned to DD1 about Ratatouille coming to Epcot? I'm sure that will make her excited!

I haven't yet, we are going at least twice before it opens, if i tell her now, i will get about 100 questions about why we can ride it on those 2 trips... So we will wait.... Kids šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

It was a great day!

She was a bit bummed, but recovered well!

Could be really hit or miss, when I was a kid, we went camping in France often. The other kids only spoke French, I only spoke Dutch, but that didn't stop us from inventing games without words and just by gestures to figure out what the other meant. If your child is outgoing and the kid in line is shy and introverted, it might not just be a language issue why the others don't want to play.

I think its hard in line, there isn't to much you can do to play if you both don't speak the same language. When we made it to Spain later in the week and were playing in the pool and playground it was easier to play with kids who did not speak English!

Last edited:
I am just Hangry mom, Mom i am Hangry, i possibly shouldnt have taught her what this meant, it was also an option for the title of this trip report)
:rotfl: :rotfl:

WHO DOES NOT EAT BREAD

I do not understand this at all. I wish I didn't eat bread tho- I'd probably lose some weight! My best friend's daughter loves olives too though- one day she told me she was changing her name to Olive and not answering to anything else :rotfl:

hey have these great arcades itā€™s basically a covered walk way on either side of main street all the way up to Frontier land or Discovery land.

Wow that's awesome!

and this group of girls 15/16 years old? just cut right to the front,

Ugh the worst!

While DD1 did a selfie photoshoot, here are a few

I love her photoshoots! She must have some personality!

Re Photopass, i am happy i got it, but it is a bit over priced as there are no photographers out around the park, its only rides and character meets.

That's annoying.

48098955817_6c41efafd6_z.jpg

Love it!

Aw I love this family photo!

I do not understand this at all. I wish I didn't eat bread tho- I'd probably lose some weight! My best friend's daughter loves olives too though- one day she told me she was changing her name to Olive and not answering to anything else :rotfl:

I know right! I could live on CRABS(and carbs)! All the Bread!

Wow that's awesome!

They are great i love them! I wish WDW had them, see her i go again on my rant!

I love her photoshoots! She must have some personality!

That is the understatement of the day!

Aw I love this family photo!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Happy Fourth of July! Hoping to get two updates in today if i can! Its HOT here today, and I am telling DH its practice for Disney in August as we are going to head to a town carnival shortly!

Day 2 part 1 - Maybe we will make it to a park today!

A side note the parks open at 10am, but 8 for resort guests but rides donā€™t start till 830. I think they advertise a 8:30 opening for resort guests but my research showed you could actually get in at 8 if you could make it there!

The prior day was pretty long for both girls and they slept pretty well, no one was even up till 8ish (there goes my rope drop dreams!). The weather was calling for some rain. So I wasnā€™t in to much of a rush, the rain was supposed to end around 9am, so I figured quick breakfast and we can head to the park. Well we got ready and it was a monsoon. So we headed to breakfast (free with the club level room). On the way we saw that goofy was meeting in the lobby! And well DD1 is a bit character obsessed right now so she had to meet him. So we waited. This is also what the actual backdrop from last night was used for. It ended up working out well.

Then we headed to breakfast, another highchair I am in love with! The spread here was actually really good, no pics, but it had all the standard, plus Nutella so they win.

I did snap a few quick photos of the decor because it was well done. Also no picture, but there was a kids area. One table was set up with crafts and coloring we didnā€™t use it this day but I thought it was a great touch. However please watch you kids at the buffet we were next to the buffet and two kids were wrestling in front of it. Luckily nothing happened but I kept seeing flashes of a huge accident.

After breakfast it was still raining pretty hard, so we found a spot to take a family photo mostly because I wanted to get one family pic in our shirts and before I looked like a drowned rat, I had already figured doing this in front of the castle was not going to happen.

Two nice women also waiting out the rain spanned the photo for us.

Someone was not feeling this picture.... which is SO unlike her, whatever girl whatever!

Dillon then hit up another play area in the lobby with games and giant tic tac toe, and coloring. I really liked this, it was a great little addition to the hotel, and really made it seem welcoming and kid friendly... i haven't seen these in WDW, another thing they should adopt if you are asking, which they obviously should be asking me!

Then rain had finally died down around 1030 and we could head to the park.

Finally no rain! Lets get a move on it people!​

Last edited:
Day 2 part 2 - Park time, finally!

Side note, you can download the lineberty app to reserve charter meets in the studios.

I had used the lineberty app, to grab a Mickey meet time in the studios. You sign up and get a number and it tells approximately how long till your meet time. We had an approx time of 1215.

We started the walk via Disney Village to the Studios, of course we had to take some pictures along the way, now she is all smiles, and we had a photo shoot!

Plus this which I had to get a picture of since its my home park!

We got to the park around 1115. An hour to kill, this was a LONG hour for me!

DD2 had fallen asleep and there just isnā€™t a ton to do in this park. Rob went to try tower of terror and I figured I could watch a show with the girls. Well nothing was open or available. So we walked around, took some pictures (of course, photo shoot time)!

Then our number was up so we got in Mickeys line. The app alerts you to when you can get in line, we were a bit a head of schedule which was nice. (1145 I think it was).

Anyway they wouldnā€™t let DD1 stand in line alone because she is under 7 and they wouldnā€™t let me take the stroller in the line. But they agreed if I stood outside the line with DD2, DD1 could go inline. About 10 or 15 minutes in DD1 got up set so I just woke DD2 and got inline with DD1.

Side note: I actually loved this. I was kinda annoyed in the moment. But I found they were very consistent on the stroller rules and didnā€™t really bend the rules. I find rules being applied inconsistently to be a pet peeve of mine. We will find one later that drives me crazy.

DD2 not so sure about this mouse!

Finally we met Mickey! It was an ok meet, but itā€™s the Main Mouse as my dad calls him so always a good time!

Rob met us after and said he didnā€™t end up using the FP so we would save it for later. We had just missed a Mickey and the Magician show and the parachute drop was down, and didnā€™t want to wait around for the next show with not much to do so we moved over to Disneyland park. I would regret this later.

Some more photo shoots on our way to Disneyland!

In this picture you can see the park entrance and the Disneyland hotel, this is how close the hotel is to the park... it is practically IN THE PARK

Up next Day 2 Part 3 do we ride any rides?

Last edited:
it had all the standard, plus Nutella so they win.

I love Nutella. I first visited Europe on a high school trip when Nutella hadn't made it to the states yet. It was the most delicious surprise of that trip.

However please watch you kids at the buffet we were next to the buffet and two kids were wrestling in front of it. Luckily nothing happened but I kept seeing flashes of a huge accident

I do this, too. Hubby and I will just turn to each other and say, "this won't end well."

I find rules being applied inconsistently to be a pet peeve of mine.

Another ditto! Especially when I have to adjust my plans to accommodate a rule and then someone else just doesn't follow it.

Bummer about the down time at the park. I think this is where they missing PP photographers matters a lot. I had to entertain my kids while Hubby rode ToT in HS, but that just meant we found a photographer and went through her whole repertoire of magic shots.

A side note the parks open at 10am, but 8 for resort guests but rides donā€™t start till 830. I think they advertise a 8:30 opening for resort guests but my research showed you could actually get in at 8 if you could make it there!
Huh so what do you do from 8-8:30 if you're in the park? Just get near whatever ride you want to ride first?

So we headed to breakfast (free with the club level room)
SO excited for this part!

Someone was not feeling this picture.... which is SO unlike her, whatever girl whatever!
Oh dang girlfriend was NOT in the mood.

I had used the lineberty app, to grab a Mickey meet time in the studios. You sign up and get a number and it tells approximately how long till your meet time. We had an approx time of 1215.
Do you sign up the day of? I need to look more into this app!

Anyway they wouldnā€™t let DD1 stand in line alone because she is under 7
Oh interesting I've never thought of an age restriction on waiting in line by yourself!

I would regret this later.
DUN DUN DUUUUN

I could live on CRABS!
This made me laugh. Assume you meant carbs, if not you really love šŸ¦€šŸ¦€šŸ¦€

Its HOT here today, and I am telling DH its practice for Disney in August as we are going to head to a town carnival shortly!
Oh you are so better than me. It was hot with a threat of rain all day here so Casey and I skipped the parade in favor of nails and haircuts instead

How awesome they just had a character in the lobby. Wish WDW did stuff like this.

Dillon then hit up another play area in the lobby with games and giant tic tac toe, and coloring. I really liked this, it was a great little addition to the hotel, and really made it seem welcoming and kid friendly... i haven't seen these in WDW, another thing they should adopt if you are asking, which they obviously should be asking me!
Its looking like France may be doing some Disney things better than WDW. Small things like this can go a long way with the kiddos.

was kinda annoyed in the moment. But I found they were very consistent on the stroller rules and didnā€™t really bend the rules. I find rules being applied inconsistently to be a pet peeve of mine. We will find one later that drives me crazy.
Oh I am so the same way. Have a rule and follow it, but apply it inconsistently and I'm gonna blow a gasket.

Rob met us after and said he didnā€™t end up using the FP so we would save it for later. We had just missed a Mickey and the Magician show and the parachute drop was down, and didnā€™t want to wait around for the next show with not much to do so we moved over to Disneyland park. I would regret this later.
I don't know much about the Paris parks, but I'm shocked at how little they have in that park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!