DLP - Do you speak English? Parlez Vous Anglais? - Wrapped up 9/30

Bon Jour (see how I used that fancy French and all)! Love your family photo. What a wonderful way to commemorate the trip. Can't wait to hear more!

LOVE the Fancy! Thank you! Its my go to souvenir now, family photos... to much stuff.... to many toys, and to many things i do not need!

Can't wait to follow along! DH and I *may* be headed to DLP later this summer, so trying to soak up all the info!

Thanks for joining! DO IT! I am happy to answer any questions, it is a beautiful park!!

Joining in. What a gorgeous family photo in front of the Eiffel Tower! That's so cool.

Welcome! Thank you! I really love it, ordering a print for my dining room!

Day 1 part 2 - Will we ever make it to a park.

To get to the parks you walk about 10 minutes through Disney Village. We had a 430 dinner, but everyone was getting Hangry (I am just Hangry mom, Mom i am Hangry, i possibly shouldnt have taught her what this meant, it was also an option for the title of this trip report)

I also needed a coffee and DD1 needed food (see above). Preferably not a cured meat. She is a picky eater (@kastoney to my much disappointment), but not normal picky, girl will not eat bread! WHO DOES NOT EAT BREAD, but she will eat a bowl of olives and capers, or any kind of cured meat, and smoked salmon. Some days it makes eating with her a bit difficult. Luckily she will eat pizza and pasta, and will usually try anything once.... So we hit up Starbucks for some coffee and not good food (no pictures but the wrap me and DH split was gross). She wouldn’t eat anything at Starbucks, not even a pastry!

I then took DD1 across the way, to wait for it....
New York Style Sandwiches:rotfl2: She got a hot dog.....technically I don’t think that’s a cured meat, just VERY processed?

You got a character instead of a number to retrieve your food. We were Dory. Another Photo Shoot was happening, sorry other people enjoying their meal we have priorities!
IMG_2006
IMG_2012

The hot dog was fine, she didn’t eat the bun, it was actually pretty gross and I LOVE bread.

Dillon saw an arcade near by and wanted to play some games, the rain was coming down pretty bad, so we went with this option. We weren’t really in a rush.
IMG_2015

Skeeball, basketball, whack a mole, air hockey you get the idea.

DD2 was asleep so I did some loops with her, the area outside the arcade was covered and you could walk to the shops so I did that, I took some pics of some of the items, I did not buy anything! I don't recall WDW having as much nightmare before Christmas merchandise as DLP did, I usually notice as my cousin loves it and I send her pics!
IMG_2013

IMG_2020
Loved this, but I think DD2 will be to big for it by the time its cold enough to wear it!

It was pretty warm in the arcade so we stayed outside/in the shops. Eventually DD2 woke up and we hung out under the covered area while DD1 and DH finished up their games!

A few cast members walked by and they were all so nice and friendly, saying Hi asking if we needed anything.

Around 320ish? Games were complete (or better yet we told DD we had no more money! Those things were expensive, I think 4 euro a game or something) finally we are ready to head to the park I had two semi goals for today, Buzz and Slinky dog. Buzz is in Disneyland park, and dinner was in the studios were Slinky is!

Last edited:

Joining in. We are visiting Brussels and Paris and will be in Disneyland Paris from June 20th to June 22nd. Also, we are from NJ too.

Thanks for joining in! Even though we just got back I’m jealous of your trip!

You’re going to have an amazing time!

Let me know if you have any questions, as I don’t think I’ll be done with the report before you leave! But would love to help out if I can!

I have been trying to get this post up since Saturday, I have also fallen behind on almost all reports! Hoping to at least post and get caught up on some reports tonight!

Day 1 part 3 We finally see a Park!

We made our way to the park, through the intense security (bags go through a medial detector and so does everyone else.) No pictures as it it was still raining, and we were moving a bit quickly, as quick as 2 tired kids can move. We wanted to head to Discovery land. They have these great arcades it’s basically a covered walk way on either side of main street all the way up to Frontier land or Discovery land. We took the one on the right towards Discovery land! This was a great tip I had read before the trip, I wish I got some pictures as this area was really nice, and a good place for a break from rain, or heat, or cold.

We made it to Buzz and used our hotel FP, and we were still pretty dry. I am pretty sure I messed up the FP system, so if someone see my mistakes let me know. Rob and Dillon used two and grabbed a rider swap (DD2 was asleep again).

I also took a few pictures of Hyper Space Mountain. and Buzz!

Don't mind the sizing issues on photos., and the strange link next to them. I'm still new to flickr (thank you @dolewhipdreams)! However i miss the just copy and paste in to the trip report....

Then Dillon and I went. This was my first ugh experience with guests. There was a bit of a back up to get into the FP line, and i will say people weren't doing a great job moving up, and this group of girls 15/16 years old? just cut right to the front, if i was alone or at WDW I probably would have said something. But I am not sure they spoke English, and even if they did they probably would have pretended they didn't understand. It only held us up a minute or so, but we were getting close to dinner our reservation time! This is my best ever Buzz score (for full disclosure the ride did stop twice). Dillon did better the 2nd ride 5700, we will work on it!

Some pictures from the Buzz Line, on Buzz and our Scores

This is when I purchased the not a good deal photopass. While DD1 did a selfie photoshoot, here are a few:

48029770492_853d04139b_c.jpg

48029708988_780ef3cc8a_c.jpg

Re Photopass, i am happy i got it, but it is a bit over priced as there are no photographers out around the park, its only rides and character meets.
We then booked it to the studios, our stay in Disneyland was short, but successful. One goal for the night down!
I am going to need to stop here.... so not only was this update not up when i wanted it its a half a night shorter then i wanted too!

Up next - Dinner and some more park time... or rain..

Last edited:
Glad you got to Buzz, not one bit surprised about line hoppers in DLP though :rolleyes: my Momma and I usually walk side by side making ourselves as big as possible to try prevent it when we’re queuing:rotfl2:

Glad you got to Buzz, not one bit surprised about line hoppers in DLP though :rolleyes: my Momma and I usually walk side by side making ourselves as big as possible to try prevent it when we’re queuing:rotfl2:

HAHA! I have been known to do this too!

I think the line hoppers by the fast pass line aren't really to blame, it's the people standing right in front of the fast pass entrance, before it's their time to get in! If you know they're there, you're not bother with people standing in front of the fast pass entrance, but not moving, you walk passed them and enter. They are sooo annoying, blocking the entire entrance. We try our best to make sure we'll only pass people who are waiting for it to be their time, but it's difficult to see sometimes

100% this is the case sometimes, and I don't disagree!

Spoiler alert, overall i really did not find the guests that much worse then any other theme park. We have one incident where 2 guests are being really rude but the cast member was fabulous, so honestly while the people were rude it wasn't shocking at all, i could see what happened happening at WDW or DL or any other place, and the cast member handles it perfectly....

They have these great arcades it’s basically a covered walk way on either side of main street all the way up to Frontier land or Discovery land.
I'm so excited to see these! They're so unique. I'm not used to covered areas of a Disney park haha

and this group of girls 15/16 years old? just cut right to the front
Did stuff like this happen a lot? I feel like I hear about it pretty often at DLP

While DD1 did a selfie photoshoot, here are a few:
Love these!!

there are no photographers out around the park
Oh really? I didn't realize that!

I'm so excited to see these! They're so unique. I'm not used to covered areas of a Disney park haha

They are legit amazing! I think I said I wish they had these in WDW, or wouldn’t these be amazing in the Magic Kingdom about 100 times! I’m obsessed!

Did stuff like this happen a lot? I feel like I hear about it pretty often at DLP

Honestly, not really we had 1 pretty bad experience with two guests but the cast member shut it down, she was amazing. Overall we have a few other things BUT I think I was waiting for stuff since I also had heard about it happening a good amount at DLP. But overall I don’t find it happened more then at WDW or DL.

Love these!!

Perfecting the selfie at a young age.

Yeah I was not a fan of this! They do have a good number of ride photos and stuff which is nice, but no PP just around! 😔

She is a picky eater (@kastoney to my much disappointment), but not normal picky, girl will not eat bread! WHO DOSE NOT EAT BREAD, but she will eat a bowl of olives and capers, or any kind of cured meat, and smoked salmon.
Bread??? Who does not eat bread???? Though props for the olives and cured meat (a girl after my own prosciutto and olive heart). But send her my way. A week with me and Casey and we'll break her :earboy2:

You got a character instead of a number to retrieve your food. We were Dory. Another Photo Shoot was happening, sorry other people enjoying their meal we have priorities!
That is so cute! I'm surprised WDW doesn't do something like this.

This was my first ugh experience with guests. There was a bit of a back up to get into the FP line, and i will say people weren't doing a great job moving up, and this group of girls 15/16 years old? just cut right to the front, if i was alone or at WDW I probably would have said something. But I am not sure they spoke English, and even if they did they probably would have pretended they didn't understand.
Oh I would have been so annoyed and making snide English comments in a French accent under my breath that made me feel better even if they couldn't understand me.

Oh she and Casey would get along so well! Never met a mirror or camera she didn't love (unless I was on the other side of said camera)

Bread??? Who does not eat bread???? Though props for the olives and cured meat (a girl after my own prosciutto and olive heart). But send her my way. A week with me and Casey and we'll break her :earboy2:

I like it you can start a business Casey and Kari Boot Camp for picky eaters... granted Dillon may have a small advantage so i expect a discount for that and that it was my idea! Parents would pay a fortune

Oh I would have been so annoyed and making snide English comments in a French accent under my breath that made me feel better even if they couldn't understand me.

haha! well just wait we have 1 really bad experience coming up.... but aside from the one to come over all it wasn't as bad as i was excepting.

I'm so impressed with your daughter's score on Buzz. When I actually had my own laser and wasn't helping them out, my 5 year old got a 400. :goodvibes

This one is a bit different then WDW you can pick up the gun, so its a bit easier IMO. Plus when we were stopped i think she got some good shots in!

I think the arcades is one of the things where you can see they learned from other parks. Of course, DLP know more distinctive seasons than the other parks and needs more places to look for cover for rain/snow/cold in Autumn/Winter. But also in terms of guest flow after the night time fireworks.

In terms of rude guests, probably not more than other parks. The difference I can see is the age. As DLP is a park with a lot of local visitors and very accessible by public transport, so for the teens of Paris, it's so easy to get to DLP after school, in weekends etc. And put a group of teenagers together... it's usually not a recipe for polite behaviour ;-)

And the language could be part of the problem for foreign guests when they point out rude behaviour to French guests. It doesn't necessarily have to be that they pretend not to understand you. Some might not understand English. France is one of the worst countries in Europe when it comes to teaching foreign languages, and especially English.
https://www.thelocal.fr/20151103/france-ranked-worst-in-eu-at-englishhttps://www.thelocal.fr/20141113/so-why-are-the-french-so-bad-at-english

Yes, photopass photography is not a thing in Disneyland Paris, you have it at some rides and the indoor character meets (and most outdoor meets, but not necessarily). Since about one or two years they do have a photopass options to get a card to pay for all your pictures, but as they are not a lot of locations, the value isn't very good.
If there is a photopass photographer out and about, it's on the hub in front of the castle, but this is very rare.

Why it is not a thing?
DLP never had it, so the majority of the guests don't know what they are missing. So there is no demand from guests to have photographers throughout the park. And things like frames, or magic shots... completely unknown to those who have never been to Disney World or Disneyland (Although I think Hong Kong has magic shots as well).
Nowadays, it's so easy to ask a random person to take a picture for you, or take a selfie if you want to have everyone in the shot. And because that's easy, why would you pay for pictures if you can do it yourself for free?

Dinner and some more park time... or rain.

Once we arrived in the studios it was pretty wet out, I luckily had purchased a rain cover for the stroller in Paris since ours was forgotten at home. We left our stroller and went to Chez Remy. The actual restaurant was adorable, great theming including outside the restaurant. I mean even the highchair was adorable. I was really excited to be able to try this restaurant out, it was also our anniversary so I thought a meal with out characters would be nice.

The service was quick but it had been a long day so we did a loop (first me and DD1, then DH and DD2) checking out the theming while we waited, and of course had some photo shoots

The food was mediocre to good at best, nothing was bad, I had fish and it was fine, but it wasn’t anything special. It wasn’t bad per say. DH had the steak and he said the flavor (sauce) was good but the actual meat was not. DD1 had spaghetti she was covered in it, all meals came with Ratatouille.

@Cloe Colton I mean the hand didn't even stop for the picture!

DD1 got mad when I asked to take an after picture while she was covered in sauce. But here is the best I’ve got. DD2 ate a ton of bread and by ate I mean dropped on the floor.
The eclair that came with DD1s meal was pretty good (best item of the night?) I ate it, she had zero interest. I’m going to be sad when she realizes what she has been missing.

The service overall was fine, and overall experience was average. Would I eat here again, that's a big I don't know, I wouldn't say it was a bad meal, and the theming was so great, but I am not in a rush to go back either.

When I first snapped this pic, and posted it I loved it (considering its a Selfie), till I realized it looks like I have food on my chin!

We did get some family shots on the way out as well! Some Selfie style some the waitress took for us

After dinner it was only drizzling so we decided to hit up Slinky dog. There was of course a photo shoot on the way. We checked out some Toy Story theming and it was great, but I have heard WDW is better so I am really excited to check that out in August!

DD1 and I rode Slinky dog, and as it was ending it started to rain a bit again, then it started to pour! Like buckets. I ran to get the stroller we left by the restaurant, we then decided to make a run for it and ride Ratatouille. We figured if we are waiting out the rain we might as well be doing it while waiting for a ride. We picked the worse possible moment to run for it and got soaked.

We waited about 20 minutes and since the line was moving the whole time it didn’t feel that bad. DD loved it and wanted to go again. The rain had let up a bit but it said a 25 minute I think? We decided to wait again, but this time it moved much slower and felt a lot longer even if it wasn’t that long. This was the first of many times DD1 tried to make friends in line, but the kids did not speak English she was crushed! So we solved that by taking selfies, take regular pictures and singing!

DD1 again loved it, and wanted to ride AGAIN! We had pulled a FP earlier, so we jumped on one final time. DH and DD2 skipped this ride. We pretty much grabbed our glasses and got on. However the people in the front of our car must have been in a real rush, they didn't grab glasses, so I gave mine to the little girl, i had already rode it twice and it was fine, but it is strange not having the glasses on!

Pic before I gave up my glasses!

We then made the trek back to the hotel via Disney village. Dillon had yet another photo shoot in the lobby.

Then it was bath and bed for everyone. I was pretty happy with the day overall. We got a little restless at dinner, and did some loops, but i hit both my goals Slinky and Buzz, and both girls, for such a long day, were pretty good!

Day 2 Maybe we will make it to a park today!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!