1. dhardawa

dhardawa DIS Veteran

We are Disney World regulars, so I’m familiar with those crowds. My daughter and I will be in Paris next May/June and were considering a day at DLP. What are the crowds like compared to Disney World?

Also, we have a hotel in Paris. I was planning to take the train down early, stay the day, and take the train back. Is this doable or will we need a room there.

2. Karin1984

Karin1984 DIS Veteran

School is still in session, there are no major holidays in this period, if you go during the week, the difference in crowds with WDW will probably make you faint ;-) It won't all be walk on, but I think you will encounter short lines.

And yes it's doable, the RER starts early and finishes late on this route, but always check before you leave.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. zavandor

zavandor DIS Veteran

The difference between week days and week ends is huge. There aren't many people, even staying onsite, that stay for more than 3-4 nights and most do a long week ends stay. Add to that the locals and Saturdays and Sundays have much bigger crowds. Visit during the week if you can!

5. dhardawa

dhardawa DIS Veteran

I was planning going on a Tuesday or Wednesday, so it sounds like we should be good.

I looked at the RER and it appears the station is practically in the park!

6. olafLover

olafLover DIS Veteran

It is! It's closer then the car park

7. dhardawa

dhardawa DIS Veteran

Is it best to order tickets directly from Disney or are there cheaper, reputable sites?

8. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

Does this apply to July as well, or are week days just as crowded doe to summer? We will be there for a half day Thursday, all Friday, and Saturday morning. Thank you!

9. Karin1984

Karin1984 DIS Veteran

There aren't many, but I've heard some people talk about using Picniq https://tickets.picniq.co.uk/disneyland-paris/

During the week in the summer it will be busy, but I've rarily seen the crowd levels WDW sometimes achieves.
    July is the the one month almost everyone in Europe has a school holiday. France in general is a popular vacation destination and many families take a day or two to visit Disneyland.

10. HFJohnson

HFJohnson DIS Veteran

Ascension day is Thursday 30th May and I think is a public holiday in France so I would avoid that if you can. UK schools are also on holiday that week and while crowds are still manageable during that week you'll have even quieter parks if you avoid it.