DLP App Update and Booking Fastpass Online?

Has the app updated for everyone? (I have the iPhone 8+). I downloaded it earlier for our trip this summer, and when I randomly checked this morning, the app had a new look, and the home page had an option to "Book Fastpass Online".

This is similar to how our Maxpass system looks here in CA, where you can book fastpass tickets as available on your app for $15 for the whole day. Right now, when I click it, it takes me to buy tickets. I just thought this was interesting and I am wondering if they're planning a digital fastpass booking option soon? Or was this already there and I didn't notice? :)

upload_2019-4-30_12-55-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-30_12-50-26.png
    upload_2019-4-30_12-50-26.png
    278 KB · Views: 1
Well, I think that’s just there because you can actually “buy” fast passes...
that’s why it takes you to “buy tickets” because that is where you can buy those paid fast passes...(booking and buying can mean pretty much be the same thing in this situation right?)
Of course if you compare it to the American parks the term “booking” might be used differently...
But at least in German it makes sense to “book” a paid fastpass (just like you would book a tour) before you go so you can use it when you are at the parks...

But I am wondering about that update anyways... it tells me those shuttle buses (park to the Disney hotels) are free and 2 lines under it it says you have to pay for them...(at least in the German version...)

Last edited:
I think at some point in time DLP will switch to digital FP, but not before they solve the Wi-Fi issues. As long as the Wi-Fi isnt close to perfect, so most guests have access to booking FP on their phones, I don't see it happening very soon.

At the moment it is just a button to take you to a website outside the app, which is a very simpel feature. At the moment the paid FP has to be printed at home and the Ultimate FP even has to be exchanged for a bracelet. I wouldn't expect regular FP to go digital, before they solve this problem.

I think at some point in time DLP will switch to digital FP, but not before they solve the Wi-Fi issues. As long as the Wi-Fi isnt close to perfect, so most guests have access to booking FP on their phones, I don't see it happening very soon.

The Wifi issue is the same in Disneyland California HOWEVER they dont care. Their App and Maxpass are really only accessible with data. Each year they add so much more functions to the App, to the point now with Star Wars Galaxys Edge opening, you really need the App to fully experience the land.

They also have a second App called Play Disney Parks, which has interactive features and games to play while in the ride queues.

The Wifi issue is the same in Disneyland California HOWEVER they dont care. Their App and Maxpass are really only accessible with data. Each year they add so much more functions to the App, to the point now with Star Wars Galaxys Edge opening, you really need the App to fully experience the land.

They also have a second App called Play Disney Parks, which has interactive features and games to play while in the ride queues.

That's for sure! Wifi in Disneyland California is terrible, and for me, cell phone reception isn't much better, which makes it almost impossible to use data. Not a great situation.

I’m hoping they plan to go the way of Disneyland California with MaxPass as it is soooo much better! However I think this is just a way for them to push fastpass sales. They are making it seem like you have to purchase fastpass and people don’t realise this is actually free.

I’m hoping they plan to go the way of Disneyland California with MaxPass as it is soooo much better! However I think this is just a way for them to push fastpass sales. They are making it seem like you have to purchase fastpass and people don’t realise this is actually free.

Exactly. In most contexts, I can see how "book" and "buy" would be interchangeable and mean the same thing. But I also think that it is a bit misleading to not be direct and say "buy tickets/fastpass here". However, I am also comparing it the US parks systems (it is inevitable), so I was curious what you all thought. I was cautiously optimistic that they were not seeing the numbers they were hoping for regarding the Super and Ultimate Fastpass and were maybe planning to try a digital/Maxpass version.

Yes DL California has a Wifi issue but because it's a locals-heavy park, they figure most guests would just use data anyways. Good to know DLP's wifi isn't reliable either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!