• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLP advice please

Admiral

Earning My Ears
visiting DLP from Sunday 16th Jan and staying at Newport Bay for 5 days with DW and dd who is 4. Looking for some general advice on places to eat and what to do and see. DW would also like to visit Paris one day, how easy is this? any advice greatly received.

Hi,

We'll be in Paris then too, but we get in on the 14th. Getting to Paris is easy. You will take the A line RER train from DLP into Paris. Once you get into paris, you can change lines to get to your destination. You might want to check out this website :www.ratp.fr for more info and maps of the train/subway lines.

Have a great trip!

Hi

There is also a bus to Paris which leaves from Hotel New York but I think it is a guided tour rather than just taking you to Paris and bringing you back, so if you would prefer to have freedom to go where you want when you want in Paris, the RER might be more suitable. :flower1:

Thanks for the tips. The guided tour interests us as I do not fancy dragging my 4yo dd around the metro.
I don't want to sound like a skinflint but I understand drinks and snacks can be fairly expensive all over Disney. I have been told that there are shops within La Vallee shopping Village where you can buy coke, crisps etc. Can anyone confirm this and tell me how to get there. thanks.

Hi Admiral,

The Shopping Centre is one stop away on the train from the station between the Disney Village and the Parks.

There's a large supermarket where which sells everything you'll need. We always visit on Day 1 and pick up water, snacks etc. If I remember correctly we picked up 8 * 2 litre bottles of water for the price of a 500ml in the park.

There is a petrol station beside Santa Fe which also sells drinks, water, crisps and snacks at cheaper prices.

As we stayed in the room most nights once the troop had been bathed/showered I bought wine from the garage shop - just remember bottle opener !

Reid

Admiral said:
visiting DLP from Sunday 16th Jan and staying at Newport Bay for 5 days with DW and dd who is 4. Looking for some general advice on places to eat .....

I would suggest that one night you try their Yacht club restaurant : we found food and service very pleasant ... and they have a nice "children" buffet: we saw lots of little ones VERY HAPPY with the food they could choose from there !!!

Laura

Inventions has the most AMAZING buffet I've ever seen!!! It is also a character meal, with several characters. It's a bit pricy, but well worth it.

Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter