DLH or Newport?

kjoneill

Earning My Ears
We are going later 2019. I understand that Newport has gotten a big refurb recently and DLH is a little worn. For the time period we're looking at, the price for the stay at either is very, very close. With that in mind, which one is nicer?
Also, I assume 3 nights are enough.

We are going later 2019. I understand that Newport has gotten a big refurb recently and DLH is a little worn. For the time period we're looking at, the price for the stay at either is very, very close. With that in mind, which one is nicer?
Also, I assume 3 nights are enough.

This really depends on your taste, do you prefer Victorian or Marine style?

How much time do you plan to spend at the hotel/in the room? If, for example, you go with a baby/toddler who needs naps, I would say go to the Disneyland Hotel, as it's right at the park entrance and you are back very quickly. On the other hand, you are the one back in the room with the baby so you might want to be comfortable and have something nice to look at. Neww Port Bay is a 10-15 minute walk, which is not much (in my opinion), but you have to cross Disney Village.

Depending on the level of die-hard Disney fan, 3 nights is either not enough or too much ;-) How much time will you have on your arrival & departure day? You will have two full days at the parks which is great to see most of it and repeat some favourites. If your plan allows you to get in to the park on your arrival & departure day you will be able to take a step back and relax instead of rushing from ride to ride. Or of course give you time to go back to the hotel.

Keep in mind the hotels at Disneyland Paris are hotels, not resorts. They have less amenities than the resorts at Disney World.

This really depends on your taste, do you prefer Victorian or Marine style?

How much time do you plan to spend at the hotel/in the room? If, for example, you go with a baby/toddler who needs naps, I would say go to the Disneyland Hotel, as it's right at the park entrance and you are back very quickly. On the other hand, you are the one back in the room with the baby so you might want to be comfortable and have something nice to look at. Neww Port Bay is a 10-15 minute walk, which is not much (in my opinion), but you have to cross Disney Village.

Depending on the level of die-hard Disney fan, 3 nights is either not enough or too much ;-) How much time will you have on your arrival & departure day? You will have two full days at the parks which is great to see most of it and repeat some favourites. If your plan allows you to get in to the park on your arrival & departure day you will be able to take a step back and relax instead of rushing from ride to ride. Or of course give you time to go back to the hotel.

Keep in mind the hotels at Disneyland Paris are hotels, not resorts. They have less amenities than the resorts at Disney World.

Thanks. No children, two adults, like to walk. Mostly I'm interested in good theming and upkeep. We are DVC members and go to WDW often and have noticed a lot of properties being neglected and rundown, which I find disappointing and I generally resent spending a lot of money on a place whose upkeep is ignored.

Thanks. No children, two adults, like to walk. Mostly I'm interested in good theming and upkeep. We are DVC members and go to WDW often and have noticed a lot of properties being neglected and rundown, which I find disappointing and I generally resent spending a lot of money on a place whose upkeep is ignored.

Then the answer is easy. If your priority is to stay at a hotel which is looking its best, then go for New Port Bay, as it's the one which got renovated last.

For Disneyland Paris, in the last few years there was no time/money spent on maintenance, they are now catching up. Only they cannot do everything at once, so for the hotels Cheyenne and New Port Bay the refurbishment has been done recently. New York is completely being overhauled to become a Marvel hotel. Next steps will be the other hotels. I believe the Disneyland Hotel's refurbishment is planned for late 2020.

I would really lower your expectations when it comes to theming, there is no comparison between WDW resorts and DLP hotels. Exploring other resorts as is popular in WDW is not a thing for DLP, as there is hardly any theming, or grounds to explore.

I would really lower your expectations when it comes to theming, there is no comparison between WDW resorts and DLP hotels. Exploring other resorts as is popular in WDW is not a thing for DLP, as there is hardly any theming, or grounds to explore.

That's subject to opinion a little.

All the dlp hotels do have distinct themes each very different where as I think a few of the less popular wdw resorts (okw/ssr/bcv) are a little similar.

The problem isnt the theming of dlp hotels it's in the facilities at them. The bars, restaurants and shops generally arent worth the effort. Having said that sitting outside the bar at Cheyenne with the live banjo players for a cocktail is nice in the summer, and the bar in hotel New York used to be nice as well although iv not been in there for many years and iv no idea what the refurb means for there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter