DLH or GCH for Party of 5

OneThree

DIS Veteran
We (party of 4) have reservations for the DLH. My sister will be in town for work so will be joining us for a few days. It’s luck of the draw with daybeds, and we have our requests in, but with price being the same for DLH or GCH via the Disney Visa offer would you move to GCH?

We have stayed at both hotels and prefer DLH but you can’t beat the location of GCH. Thoughts?

LOL. We stayed with four in a DTD view room and it was two queens and a day bed so theoretically five do fit but curious if anyone as done it with three adults and two teens. Agreed the bathroom will be an issue either way. Not sure who takes longer to get ready, my daughter or my sister. 😆

Last edited:

LOL. We stayed with four in a DTD view room and it was two queens and a day bed so I know five do fit. Agreed the bathroom will be an issue either way. Not sure who takes longer to get ready, my daughter or my sister. 😆
Every family dynamic is different, but I’d tell my sibling to get their own room on Harbor and meet up with us at the park…. No way I’d ever inconvenience everyone else in my family.

If I had to choose then I’d probably do DLH because at least every tower has a bathroom on the first floor in case of emergency….

Last edited:
I LOVE GCH but I'd stick with DLH with the ages all being teens and older. You'd at least have more room.

However, the downside might be the bathroom configuration. While the bathroom is larger at DLH, in most rooms the counter/sink area is inside the bathroom whereas at GCH it's a little area just outside the toilet/shower room and has 2 sinks. Makes it much easier for everyone to get ready without having to wait for the person in the shower/toilet area to come out.

We (party of 4) have reservations for the DLH. My sister will be in town for work so will be joining us for a few days. It’s luck of the draw with daybeds, and we have our requests in, but with price being the same for DLH or GCH via the Disney Visa offer would you move to GCH?

We have stayed at both hotels and prefer DLH but you can’t beat the location of GCH. Thoughts?
Have you added your sister to the reservation? With a 5th person on the reservation it might help to get a room with a daybed. Plus then she would also be able to join you for early entry to the park.

Have you added your sister to the reservation? With a 5th person on the reservation it might help to get a room with a daybed. Plus then she would also be able to join you for early entry to the park.
This is definitely true about increasing the chances for a day bed (I think they would be required to assign a room that will hold 5 guests if you have 5 on the reservation), but it will also add the “extra adult” per night charge to the room. FYI.

If your trip is far enough away, you could try to rent DVC points for GCH. Their 1 bdrms sleep 5 and have 2 bathrooms. I love the theming at DLH but would choose GCH over it every time.

If your trip is far enough away, you could try to rent DVC points for GCH. Their 1 bdrms sleep 5 and have 2 bathrooms. I love the theming at DLH but would choose GCH over it every time.
Yeah I thought of that but unfortunately the trip is in just a few weeks and haven’t found any availability for DVC points

I feel like either one is going to be pretty tight with that many people. But with the trip being so close, not sure what other options would be out there. If you had more time, I'd say get a DVC 1 bedroom. Or find a room on Harbor that sleeps more people.

Are there even any GCH rooms available this close to your arrival date?

Have you looked into a 1 bedroom suite at either place? The cost might not be too bad if you're going during a sale.

If you're going to be crowded with 1 bathroom either way, I might go with GCH since they have balconies. It's like an extra little place for someone to hang out if the room feels too crowded.

If you're going to have 5 for sure I'd add your sister to the reservation to increase your chance of a daybed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter