DL Tickets online or at the gate?

And after you receive your ticket at the turnstile, take a moment once you enter the park to take a photo of the back of all your tickets. Make sure to get a clear image of the barcodes. The photos will help you if the tickets get lost/stolen. Getting new tickets at Guest Services will be much easier and quicker if you can show the photos of the barcodes.

Last edited:
Get Away Today has two day tickets from what I recall and you can bundle MaxPass with their tickets now.

Yes they scan the barcode from you app and they'll hand you a "paper" ticket and you can use either/or through out the day.

Sorry to belabor this topic but when I purchase via the app and get that “paper ticket”, is it the same paper ticket you would have gotten if you had purchased in person at the booth? I was talking with my wife about this last night and she remarked that since it’s our baby’s first visit to DL she want to make a small scrap book of her visit and include with it the DL ticket. I hadn’t thought about the souvenir aspect of the ticket. Back when I was a kid in the 80’s the tickets were decent looking tickets and I kept them all. I even have a “military” ticket from the 90’s that was purchased at a discount through a base and it has a picture of Mickey and gang dressed in military uniforms. But if the tickets of today are just cheap thermal printed “slips” of paper then…..

Sorry to belabor this topic but when I purchase via the app and get that “paper ticket”, is it the same paper ticket you would have gotten if you had purchased in person at the booth? I was talking with my wife about this last night and she remarked that since it’s our baby’s first visit to DL she want to make a small scrap book of her visit and include with it the DL ticket. I hadn’t thought about the souvenir aspect of the ticket. Back when I was a kid in the 80’s the tickets were decent looking tickets and I kept them all. I even have a “military” ticket from the 90’s that was purchased at a discount through a base and it has a picture of Mickey and gang dressed in military uniforms. But if the tickets of today are just cheap thermal printed “slips” of paper then…..

Yes it's exactly the same - its the size of a credit card and printed on tyvex "paper". It's the same as every ticket I've used at a US theme park as long as I've been going to them (since 1997)

Bring a small zipper bag to keep your tickets in -- it will keep them fresh and waterproof for your wife's scrap book. And if you go on any water rides, your tickets will be safe. Water rides + unprotected paper tickets = big mess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter