• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL Thanksgiving weekend

richfei

Earning My Ears
A friend of mine is heading to DL for Thanksgiving weekend
I would imagine that this would be absolutely the busiest time of year, regardless of the 50th anniversary
I can imagine it being incredibly crowded, tiring and probably not worth the hassle
I've tried to talk her out of going but she's already made plans with her two kids
Has anyone been to the park at Thanksgiving weekend in the past before and is it really as bad as I'm imagining ?

I suppose she could try using ridemax and get to the park early

richfei said:
A friend of mine is heading to DL for Thanksgiving weekend
I would imagine that this would be absolutely the busiest time of year, regardless of the 50th anniversary
I can imagine it being incredibly crowded, tiring and probably not worth the hassle
I've tried to talk her out of going but she's already made plans with her two kids
Has anyone been to the park at Thanksgiving weekend in the past before and is it really as bad as I'm imagining ?
I am going for one day on Wed before Thanksgiving. I've never been during TG weekend, but have read that TG weekend is terribly crowded. With the 50th going on, it will be worse than in past years.

richfei said:
I suppose she could try using ridemax and get to the park early
Yes, yes, yes. We are using RideMax on Wed, and will be getting to the gate at 7:30AM. If she does not make some effort to work around the crowds, her experience will be less than it could be.

If the park reached capacity on Veteran's Day, I expect Thanksgiving weekend will reach capacity as well. She must get there early. Pick the kids favorites and do them first.

We were in Anaheim from 16th November till the 30th in 2002 and Disneyland was lovely and quite on our first visit (22nd) but the week after was a totally different story, it was packed!!!!
Nowhere near as busy as WDW in the summer though!!!(4th July)
Love Ella

Can anybody tell me if DL is crowded on Thanksgiving Day? We plan to go on that day but if it's usually as crowded as weekend then we'll go on another time. Thanks.

Just tell your friend if she has little ones, to hang on to them tightly. It will be really crowded that Thanksgiving weekend.

I saw two moms yesterday that almost lost there little ones due to the crowds.

I hope she has a good time! :earsgirl:

We were there yesterday (Monday) and I thought it would be nice and quiet. Boy, was I wrong! We spent 5 hours there and only made it on 2 rides, the Tiki Room, and Tom Sawyer's Island.

As we got there at 9am, there were streams of people leaving. I should have figured that out to be a bad sign. :guilty:

Good luck for anyone going the remainder of this week. It will be PACKED.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter