DL security line

baozi

Mouseketeer
I go to DL about once per month. Yesterday (4/20/18) I felt that the crowd level was reasonable (an indicator: 45-minute wait for TSMM and SoarIn throughout the day), but the security line was horrible. I spent more than 1 hour in the line to get to the security check point. It was even hard to tell where the lines were, just a block of hundreds of people. Did they make any change to the security check procedure?

I go to DL about once per month. Yesterday (4/20/18) I felt that the crowd level was reasonable (an indicator: 45-minute wait for TSMM and SoarIn throughout the day), but the security line was horrible. I spent more than 1 hour in the line to get to the security check point. It was even hard to tell where the lines were, just a block of hundreds of people. Did they make any change to the security check procedure?
Which side did you enter on? Harbor is notorious for having worse lines through security since it’s handling guests coming in on the art buses, walking for the nearby hotels and the toy story lot.

Harbor. I think it was not that bad before...

Which side did you enter on? Harbor is notorious for having worse lines through security since it’s handling guests coming in on the art buses, walking for the nearby hotels and the toy story lot.

Harbor. I think it was not that bad before...
If your driving you may be better off parking at Mickey and Freinds. Since they moved the security tents at the structure 2 months ago I’ve never waited more than 10 minutes to go through security and board the tram. Also, if there is a backup you can always walk from there over to Dowtown Disney to enter.

I agree that Harbor is worse than M & F. I parked in M&F a couple of weeks ago and pretty much breezed through security with minimal wait, they have plenty of tables and were well staffed. BFF entered Harbor-side (she was on a school bus) and the lines were crazy! And this was only about an hour later than I got there!

We've never waited an hour, but we have seen some horrible security lines before. Did they have enough staff? Last time we were there we realized they had three people checking bags at one area but only one metal detector was being used. This caused quite a back up at that tent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter