DL resort express ok or something else from LAX?

kellymouse

Earning My Ears
We have always had a rental car but this time we are not getting one till we check out of PP. We need transportation from the airport for the 4 of us. Is the DL express the best way to go or is there a better alternative? We just want something reliable and easy.
TIA!

Are you a group of 4 adults, meaning no car seats needed? You could price Uber or Lyft against the DL Express. Lansky Car Service will give you a short stop at a grocery store before dropping you at your hotel, if you want to pick up water or snacks for the parks. All 3 of those choices have received good reviews lately on this forum. (And if car seats or boosters are needed, I think Lansky can provide those.)

I've previously used the DL express a few times with no issues until the week before last, I waited at LAX for 2.5 hours and a coach never showed up. In the end I jumped in an Uber which cost $55

If you search DLRE on this board, you'll get a lot of information, but in the end, it's spotty service. They've been "bought" 2 or 3 times over the past 5 years.

The one of the last times I took them from LAX (before those 2 or 3 buy-outs), I ended up waiting on the little LAX transportation island for 2 hours or so, for an "every-30-minutes" bus. Dispatch had no idea where any of their buses were. One the last time, they told me they increased their prices, and they were like $5 more per person. When I pointed out what their website said, they argued that it was an internet-only price. I pointed out on their site where the internet only price was (showing $3 off for booking online instead of paying on the bus). The guy finally gave me what the website said. The bus was PACKED, so if he quoted $5 more per person, that was an easy $100 for him. But I talked loud enough that the rest of the bus got the correct price.

But plenty of people have had a perfectly good experience, even recently. But, plenty of people have had the same experience as I did, even recently.

Thanks for the reply’s. Not sure why but Uber makes me nervous. Never done it but it just does. It’s for 2 adults and 2 kids, 7 and 11. I think we might try Lansky since I’ve seen a lot of good things while on here researching today and some bad things about DL express.
Thanks everyone!

Just used Lansky’s last week with my husband and two kids. They’re amazing. They’ll provide booster seats too, if needed.

I used DL express round trip from LAX. It was on time leaving the airport and going back to the airport. It was nice that there was only a few stops before heading back to the airport. There was no movies playing on the screens though. :(

I use Karmel Shuttle.

I've previously used the DL express a few times with no issues until the week before last, I waited at LAX for 2.5 hours and a coach never showed up. In the end I jumped in an Uber which cost $55

Did you ever find out what happened?

We used DL express from LAX to a harbor hotel last year, and used Lansky back to LAX. If you can afford it, I would go with Lansky. It was the definition of reliable & easy. We needed 2 car seats and they were provided no problem. We actually had a good experience with the DL express, they showed up right on time (4:30pm) and there were no issues. But the 10 mins we were waiting for it on the “island” was super stressful for me, not knowing if it would be on time or not (I had read the negative reviews!). I can not imagine waiting hours! And, it took 2.5 hours to get to our hotel...rush hour plus we were the first to get on and the last to get dropped off. That was just too long after a full day of traveling with 2 young kids. So, keep that in mind depending on when your flight gets in.

I just used the DL express this summer and I enjoyed it pretty much (compared to driving a rental) after traveling from Germany just sitting in the bus was enough comfort for us actually...

on the way to DL they showed cartoons but not on the way back cause there were mainly/only adults anyways and all of us fell asleep after just a few minutes...

We do it again the next time we go... price is ok for 3 I think...especially if you can find a discount code...

I’m a big fan of super shuttle

I was too. Had a bad experience about a year ago. Plane landed around 11:30am at LAX. Didn’t get to Grand Californian until about 2:30. Waited at the airport, went around to all the terminals, then made several drop off stops.

I used Lyft at SNA this year. Very quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!