• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL packages and taxes?

Sk8Leigh

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping someone can clarify where/if taxes are included for different forms of booking.

Right now I have a room only package booked directly through GCH, not WDTC. She quoted me a AAA rate and then a total that included taxes, 1324.80. So that would be the entire total of the hotel stay, right? Then I look at DL.com and see that for 3 3-day hoppers, it's 447. Is there no tax on that? I went kind of far in the booking procedure and never saw where there was an additional charge. So I think if I add those two together, that would be my total room/tickets, correct? That's 1771.80.

Then when I look at the same days and hotel/view on AAA for a package, it's 1672.00. Does that include taxes? If so, why would that be so much less than getting the AAA rate and then adding tickets? Does AAA have a discount on the tickets as well as the room?

Then when I look at DL.com, for the same package, I get 1791.96. Same question as with AAA, is that including taxes and everything? And if it does, then why is it so close to the AAA room rate plus tickets?

FYI, I have 4 nights at GCH and 3 day hopper tickets for 3 adults.

I'm trying to weigh the extras you get with everything. I want to get the VMK cards that you get with booking through DL.com, and I don't think you get those through AAA, but I can't justify 120.00 more to get those. :sad2: But I want to figure out what's my best deal.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Yes, the ticket prices on line include the tax. That is the total.

Its not uncommon for their to be a price difference between two methods of booking. Some times one way is cheap, sometimes the other. It pays to shop around.

Disney sells a block of rooms to AAA at a discount. Its not the same discount as you calling and asking for a AAA discount. AAA then resells them. I have found different AAA offices sell for different amounts. The price from the WA offices are never that great. They are typically the same price as booking with WDT directly. There could also be a price difference based on the view or room type.

Ok, thanks! I'm looking at AAA online (I never call a local agent), but it's through AAA Chicago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter