• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL in March

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
Does anyone remember from last year what the parks were like in the middle of March.

Is it a very crowded time of year? What is the weather like? What are the park hours during the week?

WE are going to combine at trip to LV to visit MIL with some time in Southern California. Will we be able to go in the ocean in March?

Also if we are going to drive from San Diego to Anaheim I am thinking it would be much, much better in the evening then in the morning. We are a family of four childern are ages 6 & 8.

I think our itineary will look something like this:

March 11 Depart Buffalo Arrive San Diego 11:00 am
Early Check into Hotel and then visit the zoo
March 12 Sea World
March 13 Day with Friends at Camp Pendelton
Late Check into hotel in Anaheim
March 14 Disney Land
March 15 DCA
March 16 Drive to Las Vegas
March 17 LV
March 18 LV
March 19 Fly home

Please let me know what you think of the my itinerary, any suggestions.

Thanks,

Allison

Typically, weekends DL is open 10-10, and DCA 10-8. On the weekdays, DL is open 10-8, and DCA 10-6.

During the week, parade runs once at Disneyland, and none at DCA. On the weekends, you might have two parades at Disneyland, and one at DCA - it will probably be Block Party Bash.

Fantasmic may be running on the weekends, not during the week - 1 show.

The weather changes. It can be rainy, cool & overcast, or we can be having the Santa Ana wind conditions, where the weather will be in the 80s and very dry and very clear.

The ocean is really too cold to go in, but I have had dinner at Tony's on the Pier in Redondo Beach, and seen people (esp. kids) playing in the water in Feb/Mar - depends what your body can tolerate.

Pools at the DLR and many hotels are heated at this time.

DL is particularly busy in March if Spring Break and Easter occur during the month. In 2005, that was the case. As such, mid March 2005 was packed. (Never could figure out why an AP holder would even venture into the park during that period.)

In 2006, Spring Break and Easter occur mid April for all of California. Therefore, March should be fine.

:teacher:

From the above reply:
Will they have a DL parade once a week or once a day? Also, what's going on with the electric light parade? Maybe it won't be there in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter