• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL Hotel experts - need some help please

hookedup

<font color=navy>radsmom <font color=blue>(Mom to
It has been quite a long time since I stayed at the DLH. Our most recent trips have been to GC and PP.

I would like to be able to make a request for room for a nice room with a good view. Of course knowing that it is only a request and that I may or may not get it.

What tower is best? What else is there to consider as far as location? What about being close to the pool?
Should I fax over my request like we do for WDW? Does anyone know the number to fax? Any other advice?

Thanks!!!

C.J., just add your request to the reservation, I really don't think the room controller fax thing is relevant at the DL hotels.

It depends on the view type you booked, but my favorite tower is the Sierra Tower with a view towards DD and the parks. That's the same view that the DL concierge lounge has and you get a good fireworks view from there (from the upper floors). I have also stayed in the Marina Tower with a city view, nothing spectacular.

The resort/pool views look in towards the hotel grounds and pools but keep in mind that there is live music at the Lost Bar on the weekends playing till midnight or so (may be on weekdays too, I'm not sure) and that does make it loud if you are close by.

Hope that helps a little! :)

I have made my requests on my reservation and always gotten what I've asked for. Keep in mind that the DLH now has several pricing tiers for their rooms... you have park/DTD view with lower OR upper floor pricing, as well as resort/pool view upper/lower, and then standard (parking lot) view. The most expensive is the upper park/DTD view, but this would also be my favorite. We always get the Sierra Tower with a room facing DTD. I miss the days when it was a simple park/fireworks view without the noise and activity of DTD below :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter