DL help.........

mariamard1

Mouseketeer
I just posted over at the DL board and was told to post here!! My MIL is an amputee in an ECV and cant stand for long periods of time. What rides are accessable for her to transfer from ECV to ride? She has no problem getting in and out-just the standing for extended time. She is having problems with her other leg right now and standing in line is not an option. When we went to WDW parks 2 years ago there was tons for her to go on no problem. But, when I was at DL at Easter, I noticed alot of ECV and wheelchairs, but was wondering where the entrances are. Do they use the exits?? Any info is appriciated! --Maria ::MickeyMo

If she is able to transfer she should be able to do almost everything!!! Can she walk about 20 feet? If she can do that she will be able to transfer to the simulator rides without an issue as well. If she can not walk 20 feet (I am not sure if she has prosthesis) then they can transfer her into a manual wheel chair and then transfer her into the attraction. Have fun :-)
Jen

Sorry I did not finish answering you. Some attractions you will have to use the exit others are wheelchair assessable so you wait in the regular line. If the line is not large enough for the ECV to fit through the line then there will be an alternate entrance for you to enter through or they will have you wait the length of the line in a different location and go through the exit I hope that helps. Hope you have fun :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter